Ellen DeGeneres to Star in Remake of "Oh, God."

DaddyTimesTwo, we are kindred spirits. I know it’s not a quality movie, but damn if I didn’t love it as a kid. And Oh God, Book 2 made me weep with the fortune cookie thing and the girl. God walks away into the mirror and I start sobbing.

It’s kitschy, but it has good memories. And since I think DeGeneres is cute as a button, I’d probably see it. I wouldn’t pay 9 bucks, though. But I’d get around to it.

That was my first thought- “Oh, God!” She just doesn’t have the presence to carry it off. Few females could: maybe Queen Latifah or Whoopi Goldberg. Morgan Freeman was excellent as God in Bruce Almighty. Burns did OK in the original movies, perhaps because he was the only one old enough to play the part. But Ellen? No, thanks. I smell box office toilet here.

I think Ellen DeGeneres is one of the greatest comedians alive. I think casting her as God is a fantastic idea! She is deeply spiritual and once told Larry King, “I think that’s really interesting to me that this whole [Pat Robertson] thing started from Jesus being loving and teaching love and acceptance and tolerance and non-judgment.” Thanks for the news, Dio. :slight_smile:

I’d like to see an actual tie-in to that routine by getting Jennifer Love Hewitt to do a cameo.

If Ellen doesn’t work out, they should get Alanis Morrisette (sp?) to do it.

So are you saying that Ellen’s into “scat”? :wink:

We can only dream.