Email addresses

Is it possible to list an email address in one’s profile that isn’t the one used in registering? I’d like to make an address available, but I’d rather use my Hotmail account, for that.

You can change your registered email address. Go to User Cp > Edit Profile, and type in a new one, and gain to confirm. You’ll then recieve an email asking you to confirm the change before you can contunue posting.

So, I can change it to an address that the board wouldn’t accept when I registered? Seems kinda odd, but I’ll give it a shot.

I see you picked a new sig. Good quote.

In the beginning, we had the idea that we maybe didn’t want hotmail or yahoo addresses. However, since they’ve become so ubiquitous, pretty early on we decided oh, what the heck.

All that we ask is that your email address be a working one. You do not have to share it with the rest of the world, but you do have to share it with us. This is now part of our official rules; failure to keep an accurate email address can get you bounced.

your humble TubaDiva
Administrator

Okay, now I’m really confused. When I tried to register, about four months ago, I tried to use my fully functional Hotmail account that I’d had for about 5 years. I couldn’t. It just wouldn’t accept it. So, I ended up using my home ISP email account.

So, are you saying I CAN change it to the Hotmail account?

Yes. I tried it last night with my own Hotmail account, and it worked. I did change it back, cause my Hotmail account is for spam. :wink:

Cool. Thanks!

Sadly, Hotmail has better spam filtering than my paid account.

Well, it worked, but no before telling me I didn’t have permission to edit my preferences several times. The board seemed to be hiccuping around then, though, so that might account for it.

There’s another possible fix: I do not let members see my e-mail address, but the bio section of my profile contains a spamproof address that you can reach me at.

Riiight! I’d forgotten about all those empty fields in my profile. :slight_smile: