Enough of these Dreams already!

Okay. This is my first rant and it’s a bit long…but I can’t stand it anymore. Ack.

A Message to my Brain:

We need to have a few words. You have totally pissed me off. You should have realized this, after all you are MY brain and everything.
YOU are the one who started this, damn it. YOU are the one who convinced me that my relationship was going nowhere. You gave a convincing argument that it would be better to just stop it from going any further. You told me that my life couldn’t POSSIBLY be any worse without him than with him. And I agreed.
So what the HELL do you think you are doing now, making me dream about him almost every night for the last two weeks???

Okay. I understand how some dreams serve the purpose of “cleaning out” the mind – deciding what to keep and what to toss. Fine. But to dream of HIM constantly for two FUCKING WEEKS?
And what have I been dreaming? Oh, you know, I suddenly become this fucking wishy-washy obsessive bitch. In one dream, I drove to his house, waited until he left, and then broke in and ate his food and trashed his house. Brain, when have I ever done any such thing? When the fuck have I even suggested that I WANT to do such a thing? Despite what YOU think, I do have a fucking life, thanks.
You are SO pissing me off. In other dreams you’ve been having me calling him on the phone, trying to ICQ him, email, wandering around his city trying to find him. WTF??? I
There are hundreds, thousands of good looking, intelligent, funny men I COULD be dreaming about but NO. You INSIST on putting him as the star of my dreams.
Let me make this perfectly clear to you stupid brain. It is not my idea of a good start to my day to think about the asshole who broke my heart. Okay?
You know what Brain? If you weren’t attached to me I would have stuck an ice pick in you this morning. I do NOT want you making me dream about begging HIM to have sex with me. Fuck you for thinking I want that! It will be a cold day in hell before I would even let him touch me again.
I futhermore do NOT want ONE MORE DREAM where I am running into him everywhere I go. You are not only pissing me off but making me sick. I don’t want to think about HIM AT ALL. Stop forcing him on me! Have I made myself clear??
Have a nice fucking day.
Sincerely, Lilacs
:mad:

Alright Lilac, who are you and how did you get into MY brain??? Maybe it’s mass hallucination perpetrated by the middle east upon American women in love with the “wrong” man or something.

Yeah, that’s it.

I’m just tired of him being the first thing my brain reverts to when I fall asleep. I can go through a day without thinking bout him at all and then…

I think it’s his fault. He’s doing this to me somehow. Bastard.

A few years back, I had a real problem ‘cleaning’ my brain out enough to fall asleep. I couldn’t count sheep, so I started saying the alphabet backwards in my head. It took a long time, but I can say the alphabet backwards now!!!

Good luck, it gets better.

Far better to be confining your stalking activities to Dreamland than to start following the guy in reality. :wink:

I think your subconscious is just trying to work things through for you in a harmless way. Getting it out of your system, so to speak. It’ll probably stop soon enough. Hang in there. :slight_smile:

Thanks Byter & Triss. Just posting it was good for me. I try to have a sense of humor about it, despite all that pain and crap involved.

Lilacs, I have been in a somewhat similar situation. I constantly find myself waking up to bizarre dreams. And it is disturbing when the dream is about someone you’d much rather NOT dream about.

I have been with my current SO for nearly 2 years, living together most of that time. He is almost never in my dreams. Instead, I dream of the last two men I had relationships with.
The first man/boy was my high school sweetheart who broke my heart horribly after 3.5 years. It was rather messy as we were both from the same group of friends, and all that stuff. But I healed. He got engaged and married, I coped. When I saw him and his new wife at a mutual friend’s party and he acted as though he didn’t know me, it hurt, but I shrugged it off.
So then recently, I’ve been dreaming about him…A LOT. And in my dreams we’re always really good friends, or almost lovers, or lovers. Sometimes he’s concerned about the Mrs, but my current never really surfaces.
And then there was the dream where we were going to “give it another shot” and then I had to think of some way to tell him that I was with someone else and didn’t think it would work with him, BUT the guy I was with was my “fling” that I had just before I got with my current. Really bizarre.

Do you follow? Or care?
Heheheh, I do think that getting your dreams out of your head and onto paper or computer, in a slightly more tangible form does help you to decipher anything your subconscious might be trying to tell you. I find it also just helps to sometimes get it out so that your consciousness can address what your subconscious is trying to communicate.
I’m no expert though, just my rambling thoughts :slight_smile:

Oh yeah? I had a dream this morning that I woke up 15 minutes early. Then the alarm woke me up. I defy you to find a more annoying dream than that.

Well Slortar…how about dreaming about being at work and waking up to have to go to work? ack.

And Harli – In someways it just makes me feel better to know that others have gone through it.

On that note…dreamed about him again last night. sigh I think I’d rather dream about work.