Enterprise-Oasis

You got it.
Best illustrated by a reference to Tars Takas Shakespeare stuff.

Star Trek MacBeth.

Three Ferenghi appear and call to Archer “Hail Archer, Admiral of the Fleet. No man born of Earth shall kill Archer!”

OK, see we simplified it to “Earth” not “of woman” not just to give plausable deniability to a plagurism suit, but Archer and the 14 year old guys who tune in to ogle (oogle?) T’Pol’s…lips…aren’t all that sharp. If they can figure out that not everyone is born on Earth (Aha! I knew that!) Or that the other guys are holograms, they will think that they are cool. You stroke their egos and they stroke their…lips.

Which is not to say that Shakepeare didn’t do this, with the witches to appeal to the crowd and the kings in mirrors to suck up to the current administration, but truly I digress.

Amen. The cult of Meriweather seems to miss the point that he had his OWN episode and stunk up the screen. They let him off the ship and again more hamfisted delivery and dinner theater quality acting. Back to the bridge with you.

Also, the previously noted Enterprise writers’ love affair with Trip continues. At this point it is almost as bad as the Data infatuation of ST:TNG writers. Loved the Scooby Do joke above- I agree “I would have got to stay on the planet if it were for those meddling kids”.

Ah well- every series needs its filler episodes.

-me

DocCathode- TOS episode to which you refer was titled Assignment Earth and the character’s name was Gary Seven. One of my favorites. Also starred a young Teri Garr.