Enterprise: The Crossing (spoilers)

Did you catch the Alexander Courage type music in the background?

Nice.

Dosen’t that alien ship look a lot like the alien fighters in Independence Day?

Did Archer just commit genocide? I like the non-ending-ness of the ending.

I was watching with bated breath, but… they did well. Worthy of Season 6 TNG.

Yes.

Archer should’ve said, “Faster! Faster! Must go faster!”

Uh oh. I really shouldn’t have said it didn’t suck.
Uh um I uh, was just kidnapped by aliens before the episode. While I managed to escape just in time to see Enterprise, the ray gun inflicted wounds and the erm… embedded probe had me a bit delerious. So you see, my opinion is moot. However, on the plus side, that could mean the shower scene actually happened…

Careful, Wearia… if you get Tars’ hope up, he might embed a few other things in you when the shower scene doesn’t materialize.

Ack! Two people having their Satanic Post Number in one thread!
This is a very bad omen. Be afraid! Be very afraid!

i thought it turned into a manta ray at the end, but it also reminded me of the ID4 ship, especially the way 2 torpedoes made the entire ship burst into flames in a firely cataclysm of death.

It would have been cool if the energy beings met up with the USS Essex.

My usual free-floating, wisp-like comments:
–Wispy Reed creeped me out when he was in T’Pol’s quarters.

–It’s amazing to me how Bakula can take one sentence and break it into several individual apartments.

–Phlox must have 'nads of steel, because Hoshi sure kicked him in the crotch pretty hard–more than once!

–NCB: Got it…At Television Without Pity, they always call him Quantum.
They need the ship because they need the corporeals who are in it; if they’re gonna be stuck in the bodies, they’re kinda stuck with the ship too.

–Who knew that ultra-low-rise short-shorts and crop tops would be all the fashion rage for female Vulcans? The Panda knew!

–I swear, Connor Trinneer must have appeared in his blue undies half a dozen times by now, and just in this past season.

–And, uh, it didn’t suck!

viva

Didn’t they do this with O’Brein and Troi in a TNG episode?

Hmmm…sounds familiar and I will take your word for it. I have a bit of energy, but not quite enough to go look up any TNG references tonight. :wink:

Question: Why didn’t Archer take T’Pol with him at first rather than Trip? She’s the science officer, after all.

Don’t ask me. I don’t see it 'til Saturday, if at all, remember?

…or was that a general question directed at everyone? I’m not operating at full capacity right now. I’m at NCB levels.

That’s a question flung out there for anyone at all.

Oops, I keep forgetting about the lag time…But you’ll have plenty to contribute in a few days. More fun awaits. And next week, the Klingons are gonna kick them some Archer-butt. He must be the reason for their antipathy towards humans as evidenced in TOS.

His continuing mission, to seek out and destroy new life and new civilizations…

Seemed like a non-trek sort of ending to me.
“Their ship is failing, and they are all going to die without it”
“Well, okay – instead of trying to communicate and offer our help in repairing it, let’s just blow it up”.

Okay, yes – the wisps were trying to take over the crew, but still… Archer wanted to blow them up from the moment Enterprise got stuck inside.

T’Pol, if you keep straining so hard to arch your back farther and farther, you are going to poke somebody’s eye out.

And Data.

I already linked to this once in another thread. When we were discussing the new shows coming up. I’d link to it again now, but I will later instead. I’m just answering e-mails right now, as I’ve got got got got no time. I’m not on The Dope™. Really. I’m not typing anything. (I’ll post it when Eye come back. Requires a search. Going to work now.)
;j

I need a haircut.

There are those who complain about obeying a Prime Directive that does not yet exist.
I rather liked the “Screw you, Pal!” Kirkian ending.
I also liked the literal ending; no making nice gazing out into space stuff with Sam and T’mplants, rather Phlox “We have a lot of doors to unlock”.

This was good.

Oh, gosh… I was, like, impressed, or something. Kind of. I mean, it was pretty not terrible. Wow.

Lessee, what have I got to say about this one?..

1. Holy shit. Connor Trinneer can act. That one surprised, me but I thought he did a really good job of playing a wisp-posessed freakshow. So, props to The Blue Underpants Man.

2. The Pervy Malcolm scenes made me exquisitely uncomfortable. In all seriousness, I had to look away, or I’d have squirmed myself to death. BUT, I managed to watch long enough to note that T’Pol’s T-shirt was draping in a thoroughly unnatural way. Was she wearing a corset underneath? 'Cause that’s how it looked.

3. I never thought I’d see a Hoshi/Phlox fight scene. I liked it. I want to see more of those, and I think maybe that makes me a bad person. Also I’d like to add a little “what she said” to viva’s remark re: Phlox’s nether regions. The man is tough.

4. I’m not sure how I felt about the ending. It was a little nontraditional, in the sense that I expected them to find some techno-babbly way of saving the aliens, rather than blowing them up, and thus earning the eternal gratitude of Wisp Critters everywhere. I’m glad it didn’t happen that way, but I felt kind of sad for the critters.

5. Yay for Travis having non-cargo-hauler-related lines! Though he proved himself to be a bit of a moron when he couldn’t figure out why Trip was acting all nutty toward the end. He’s possessed, ya dunce, remember?

6. Last but not least, WHAT THE HELL?! We got to see Archer and Trip and Malcolm buttoning their collars in the locker room thingy, but we totally missed the part where they changed out of their space suits! Three relatively sexy studs changing clothes in close quarters AND I DON’T EVEN GET TO SEE IT??! I feel so cheated. So very, very cheated. My soul hurts.
    But my imagination is working overtime…
    So that’s where I’m at. Cheers.

Love,
K*

What does it say about us that “it doesn’t suck” counts as high praise for a show and then we keep on watching it week after week.

Well, it didn’t suck.

"Hi! We’re a bunch of non-corporeal free-floating vapors… wisp… wisssssp… wiiiiissssssp… and we can suck you brain out of your face, but for some reason we can’t get through the tacha-plinkman coating you have on your nacelles. Not even through sub-space, which is where we live you see. Except we have this kick-ass ship that can EAT yours, and turn off all your lights, it’s really a “Clapper”. Man! You can really get good stuff if you order off late night TV! Where was I? Oh yeah! So our super-duper ship is on the fritz, except for the “Clapper”, that works like anything, and we want to suck your brains out and send you off to a barbeque with Hopalong Cassidy, so we can live in your bodies and not die. I hope this isn’t any inconvenience.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, where is my head these days? Oh yeah! I don’t have one! Ha ha! Anyway, as we are super advanced life forms, you know we evolved way past you monkey-boy, we aren’t smart enough to take over a boy AND a girl and, you know, compare anatomies. But that one that took over Porthos! Man is his tongue going to be sore tomorrow!

Did I mention our ship is on the fritz? And without it we’ll all die? Even though we live in sub-space and our ship isn’t actually in sub-space at the moment. Which is where we live. Only we’re not there. So we’ll die. Unless we suck you out of your face. It great though. You should try it. So we want your bodies. OK?

Oh crap. Are those torp…"

(Large explosions)

The end.
But next week… next week the Klingons are going to KILL ARCHER! How will he get out of that one? T’Pol says there’s nothing they can do! I’m scared. Somebody hold me…
-Rue.

Hey it wasn’t too bad.

Actually most of the episode moved along nicely (aside from the confirmation that Travis isn’t too bright).

The Hoshi “we should run away!!” bit in the beginning was really grating. She officially becoming the “Kes” of Enterprise.

I especially liked the fact that they did not have a cop-out ending and killed the aliens rather then go for the touchy felly ending TNG sometimes overrelied upon “the just send Geordi and Data over” scriptwrighting crutch.

Why can’t “non-corporeal” being exist in space? Their non-corporeal aren’t they? Also, why would one alloy bother them?

:confused: