Ever been groped by a stranger? What were you wearing?

I know this is off the subject but I once went to a Halloween costume party for which the theme was “come as your favorite saint” There was a guy in a pink bunny suit as “St Peter of the Cottontail” A guy in formal wear was “Yves St. Laurent” There was a St George, with a dragon hand puppet. But my favorite was St. Bernard, a guy with a doggy face, brown floppy ears, and a small wooden keg of brandy hanging around his neck.

Geez, I’ve been groped more times than I could count (weirdest ‘brag’ ever?). It’s happened when I’ve been in jeans, shorts, business wear, you name it. It’s happened in airports, on trains, in bars, at school, at work functions.

The older I get (and correspondingly less gropeable) the more angry I become at just how many men felt entitled to touch me just because they liked what they saw.

I wonder how many people meet due to groping and then get married? It’s possible that all of your ancestors are the result of one person who groped another back in the 12th century.

I’ve been groped a variety of times, but the time when it was a full on crotch grab that I couldn’t get away from was at the Soundgarden concert in 1994 in the middle of a mosh pit.

I was wearing something very similar to this: https://cdn.cliqueinc.com/posts/img/uploads/current/images/0/226/711/main.original.1200x0c.png?quality=70&interlace=true

Jeans and a t-shirt normally. I’ve had my crotch and ass groped multiple times in nightclubs when younger. Underwear once, but that was because my girlfriend of the time and two of her female friends had torn my trousers off int he middle of the street.

Most of them I was wearing jeans and a shirt, occasionally it was dancing clothes, a few memorable occasions it was work attire, and once it was work out clothes (bastard).

Apologies for the distraction, but the words in that sentence immediately reminded me of this.

I think you’re mischaracterizing what SaneBill said: I don’t think he was at all trying to defend the groper. But I don’t want to hijack this otherwise useful and interesting thread, so I’ll just link to the post I made in the other one rather than elaborate here.

I posted mine in the thread itself:

I’ve been groped wearing a relatively modest, if above the knees, dress. Went to Portland to drink with some friends, had to take public transit back to my car, got a bit lost downtown. Some guy stopped me at the bus stop and hit on me, ending with him groping my ass and then blowing a kiss at clearly uncomfortable me.

This was after a conversation I got locked in that I was clearly uncomfortable with but didn’t know how to defuse because he was hard of hearing.

I’m pretty sure it’s literally the dress I’m wearing right now:

First time?? I was 11. Catholic school girl skirt and shirt. Guy at a pedestrian crossing while we waited for light stuck his hand under my skirt and into my underpants. He followed me for probably 7 blocks, doing the same each time.

I’m a guy, been groped by both men and women on butt and groin several times. I’m almost exclusively wearing worn out t-shirts, two different socks, old hoodies full of holes and a variety of ill-fitting, worn out jeans. I guess look like a homeless hipster, only less fashion-conscious.

Other than that, I’m okay with butt as long as the hand doesn’t settle down. Unexpected groin-fondle is too forward, no matter looks or gender.

I’ve never been groped but if I had been I’d have hoped I’d react like that waitress, and slug the guy.

Jeans and tee every time. Always by drunk girls. Always while standing. I’m using a loose definition of grope. Ass grabs sometimes but mostly jusy handsy while talking and generally feeling up.

I got groped by a lot of strangers. I was wearing a wrestling singlet.

I noticed a good number of the men who’ve been groped by women seem like they were more or less unbothered by it, or found it kinda cool or exciting. I haven’t seen any woman chime in that being groped by a strange man was any fun.
I just wonder if men who grope women in public don’t understand how it makes women feel because they think “Hey, I’d love it if a woman did this to me!”
Or maybe they don’t think at all.

Good question. Just speculating: I think some of them may actually think that way; but others are fully aware of how uncomfortable it makes the woman, and, in fact, that’s a good part of why they do it.

Really? That many men are that stupid? That many have never seen a woman get outraged when a man groped her, either IRL or on social media? I think they’re thinking, all right. They’re thinking the thrill of an illicit grope and the possibility of getting away with it are too appealing to resist, heh, heh, heh. No stranger who’s groped me has ever acted surprised that I responded angrily. They merely snickered.

I was wearing jeans and a tee-shirt. I was 9 years old when a creep grabbed my crotch and then ran away. That was the shit icing on a shit cake of a day.

Not really the appropriate thread for this.

I read your post, as well as SaneBill’s. I think I understand the point, which is, essentially, “There are creeps out there. Be smart and don’t make yourself more tempting to them.” I get it. But what a waitress is wearing doesn’t seem to be the determining factor. Hooters, whose waitress uniforms are pretty revealing, has a strict policy banning touch between customers and waitresses. That’s ironic because unwanted sexual touching of waitresses is rampant across the food industry, including jobs where waitresses are more conservatively attired.

The problem is not that waitresses who wear short-shorts are asking for trouble, it’s that gropers feel entitled to molest waitresses in the first place.