Ever been groped by a stranger? What were you wearing?

If you go far back enough in anyone’s lineage, you’re sure to find a conception by rape. What’s your point?

#MeToo.

I’ve been pinched in the ass by a few women in bars. Not a lot. Maybe 3 or 4 times. I’m not a dress-up kind of guy, so I was probably wearing jeans and a polo or dress shirt.

There is a certain type of guy, not gay, but who thinks it’s funny to grab or pinch another guy’s ass. That has happened to me a number of times. It’s usually someone I know, and I usually just give them a “don’t fucking do that” look. I don’t get what’s supposed to be so funny about that. I have one friend who is rather large (tall and big) and who thinks it’s funny to pick up his buddies and plant a wet kiss on their cheeks. Had this done a few times. Not a big fan, but he’s a good guy otherwise.

There is this woman we know socially. She has a very obvious crush on my husband. She gazes adoringly at him, flirts, touches his arm. Etc.

I find it amusing. He does not.

In fact he is downright uncomfortable with the unwanted attention. We, drunkenly, put him in a situation where he had to talk to her one on one at a party. He was not pleased. He slept on the couch that night, blaming me for not saving him, or rather putting him in that situation to begin with.

I drunkenly tried to point out the double standard to him, but he was not having it.

I rememeber a situation with a roommate of mine. He treated me the same way. My boyfriend at the time wanted to interfere but I asked him to let me deal with it. I said, at some point he will cross a line and I could then confront him. And he did, and I did.

I guess I expected my husband to handle the situation in somewhat the same way.

Let’s see…

There was the time on the El train - I was wearing jeans, flannel shirt, and winter jacket. Never even saw who it was, quick grab at my crotch.

There was standing in line for free government cheese back during the Reagan administration - jeans, down jacket. Bastard kept standing way to close and touching my ass. When I protested his buddy said he didn’t speak English. I said to tell him in his language to keep his hands to himself.

Those are the two that come to mind first.

Definitely NOT wearing sexy clothes either time.

I’ve had a few ladies pat me on the ass.

Back when I played sports and had a better body.

Somehow I managed to cope with the trauma. :wink:

It did get a little awkward when my gf was with me. But, I didn’t say anything or react.

I was wearing jeans or my team workout shorts.

Unfortunately, for a lot of women, especially when we are attractive teenagers, that is everyday life as it shouldn’t be.

The first time I was groped, I was seven years old wearing a 70’s style prairie dress Laura Ingalls would have considered kind of frumpy.

Damn zero, unless you want to consider all the unhappy forced marriages were women found themselves chained to men they utterly hated.

Dude, seriously? :dubious:

Younger Guys get pats or a squeeze on the ass. It happened a lot in bars and and crowds.

I usually already had a gf and didn’t react.

Dude, your earlier remark was condescending towards women who have rightfully complained about being groped.

I’ve been trying to resist responding to you because I’m a guy and have no right to speak here, but your dismissal of the issue of unwanted groping is outright infuriating. There is no way you can seriously think the situations are equivalent or comparable.

The OP asked if you’ve been groped. I answered the question.

No one said guys couldn’t respond to this thread.

Do you think my ass is any less special than a woman’s?

I have my boundaries and personal space too.
I’ve had it happen with my girlfriend right beside me. That is awkward.

I’ma just grit my teeth and hope this stops.

I’m sorry to burst your bubble that groping occurs to both sexes.

A black dress I’d bought at a used clothing store.

Could be. But most men react that way if groped by a woman, in my experience. That doesn’t mean women would or should react the same way.

If another man tried to grope me in a bar, I would not be so dismissive of the experience. If a woman I was not interested in did the same, and was persistent about it, I’d also react differently.

This, to me, is walking the line of trolling. That was pretty clearly not the issue being addressed from your initial post. I am not, at the moment, judging your intent, but your comment could easily be read as dismissing those who have been troubled by being physically assaulted. Even if that wasn’t your intent, I wouldn’t think it difficult to see how your comment came off that way. Your response to begbert2 makes it seem like you’re being deliberately obtuse.

You are welcome to start an ATMB thread if you disagree with me and wish to discuss. But that’s not a discussion for this thread.

I have no interest in continuing this discussion.

I answered the OP’s question honestly and directly as possible.

There’s nothing more for me to say and I have no desire to derail an interesting thread.

I worked as a waitress in several places. One place, shorts, crop top. This was the kind of place that actually had signs saying, essentially, look but don’t touch. Widely ignored.

I worked as a waitress dressed as a French peasant c. WWI. Don’t remember any groping from the customers.

Worked as a waitress, uniform was black pants or skirt and black blouse or shirt. No groping.

Now obviously these were very different places. The first place attracted raucous, boozed-up college-aged boys. Uh, men. The other two were family dining places.

Now the one that really steamed me was, I was dressed as a telephone installer. Long-sleeved shirt, jean jacket over hoodie, jeans, work boots. And my ID tag clipped over my breast pocket (this is important!) Now we had these numbers on our IDs denoting our respective class. Mine was a 9. His was a 1. I get in the elevator, he gets in the elevator. Guy in a suit, pretty high in the organization. Under the guise of examining my ID tag he copped one hell of a feel, and if this happened today and not in 1977 he’d have been toast.

Male: it’s happened at least twice, and I think i was wearing not-particularly-tight shorts and a t-shirt both times but I’m not 100% sure. First time was at a party where a female party-crasher stuck her finger into the back crease of my shorts as far as it would go while my shorts were still on: I slapped her hand away. I would have felt victimized if I had been attending her party rather than the other way around but as it was it was just bizarre since everyone else there was my friend.

The second time I was in San Francisco and a guy was walking and talking with a girl and they were coming toward me on the sidewalk: as they near me I hear the guy say “that’s okay, I do this to everyone” and as he passes me he back-hand-grabs my butt. In one continuous motion I turn around smoothly, give him the finger while still turning, complete my 360, and continue walking since they were not looking at me and there were a few other people around in the street.