Ever listen to a song and notice it mirrors your life? If so which one>?

I was on my way to school this morning and right as I pulled into the parking lot Bob Seger kicked on the radio with Turn the Page and I noticed that it mirrored a time in my life when I was on the road a lot.

I was going to Graduate school in Arizona, I was driving back and forth from AZ to Connecticut. It’s amazing how a song can come so close to situations in your life. When I got in my office this morning I downloaded the song and listened to it again…It’s on right now actually…and I see that Bob could not have written that song had he not experienced the road like that. The description is perfect.

So anyone ever have a song mirror a situation in their lives?

Hotel California, although I don’t like to think about those steely knives anymore.

All the Nasties

When I first heard it, I thought I was being spied upon.

Reading those Lyrics Lib is quite insightful. Being a big Elton John fan myself makes it ever more sagacious. :slight_smile:

At the point just before Hubby asked me to marry him, in those deep dark days of debating Is He The One?, this song come on the radio. And I will always owe Nina Simone a debt of gratitude.

The More I See You is the song and the lyrics helped show me the way I felt, specifically…

Can you imagine,
How much I love you?
The more I see you,
As years go by,
I know the only one
for me can only be you.
My arms won’t free you,
and my heart won’t try.

Messages, by OMD:

At the time I was first introduced to the song, a good online friend of mine was distancing herself from me, but kept IMing me to check up on me, both because she was a drama addict and, I am convinced, to make me remember what could have been.

There was a time not too long ago when “These Days”, as sung by Nico, hit way too close to home.

“Lifetime Piling Up” by the Talking Heads.

Strangely enough, most anything by Alanis Morrisette.

I Can’t Imagine How It Hurts by mesh.

Someone very close to me (emotionally, yet lived far away) experienced a terrible tragedy and I felt awful that I couldn’t do anything about it.

Here is some of it:

Deacon Blues by Steely Dan

Song: “Time” by Pink Floyd, from DSOTM

Whose life: pretty well everyone’s, self included, until I decided to do something about it.

That is one quality piece of songwriting. I won’t write out the lyrics here, Board policies an’ all, but if you have read the lyrics, and can get hold of them, may I suggest you do so. And enjoy the same shudder of recogntiion as everyone else who has ever given it a good listen.

I’m An Adult Now, by the Pursuit of Happiness:

(Snipped excerpts)

“The Pretender” by Jackson Browne.

<sigh>

“Paradise by the Dashboard Light” by Meatloaf.

When I was thinking about leaving my husband, inspiration came, strangely enough, from a Fiona Apple song, “Get Gone”

‘How many times can it escalate
Till it elevates to a place I can’t breathe?
And I must decide, if you must deride
That I’m much obliged to up and go’

and

‘F*ckin go-
Cuz I’ve done what I could for you, and I do know what’s
Good for me and I’m not benefiting’

**ianzin, ** you stole my song!

I used to be like that, but with the changes in my life recently I’m more inclined to say that another Pink Floyd tune would be more appropriate: One of These Days.

I must agree with you about the song being incredible. I really like the intro, with the simple beat and the bass guitar/keyboard riffs.

“Those Were the Days, MY Friend”

silenus got it half right. Both “The Pretender” and “Running On Empty” by Jackson Browne adequately sum up my life.

Well I’d say movies better reflect it (* Never been kissed/10 things I hate* ) but as for songs I’m awaiting a “creature of the night” and * I want you to want me* . The ole Blasphmer is tired of being a hermit nerd and is trying to adapt socially to this modern world of wimmin.