Evolution sucks!!!

Some of us are naturally gifted. :smiley:

“Oh, boo fucking hoo. I have too much hair.”

Can someone clue me in as to the evolutionary advantage of male pattern baldness?

It’s just the first step in the development of our awesome mental powerz, which will of course require gigantic, bulbous, bald heads.

duh. :wink:

I’m sending you a telepathic message as we speak.

January 1st. 1985 they went bye-bye. And it wasn’t just for officers, either.

Me, I’d be happy if I could get some wings. Flying has got to be easier than driving to work aropund here lately.

Someone asked Isaac Asimov what he would change about women if he could. His first response was, “Move the breasts to the back to make dancing more fun.”

Only he could get away with saying that . . .

Nope. AFAIK, we no longer have Sikhs serving in our Armed Forces. We did, though, have at least one serving back in 1983~1984. He was a student at DLI the same time I was. At that time, the US Army permitted Sikhs to wear beards and turbans.

Evolutionary Wish List

See in the dark

Breath underwater (and above)

Wings to fly (Angel like)

Thicker beard

I know this isn’t GQ, but why do you presume this?

Unless having a beard is detrimental to reproductive success, there is no selection pressure for human males to lose facial hair.

:smiley:

If you’re sending a telepathic message… why speak?

If I could ask for a few quick evolutionary bonuses, I think I’d go for:

An immune system that’s better at detecting and killing pre-cancerous and cancerous cells.

Cartilage that’s better at repairing itself when injured. While we’re at it, nerve cells that can regenerate properly when injured.

Universal ability for both females and males to have multiple orgasms.

As far as this woman’s concerned, having a beard improves a male’s chances at reproductive success. I keep a constant selection pressure on my man to keep his face all sexy and fuzzy. Three cheers for secondary sex characteristics!

:eek: You didn’t have think that!

Hmm… (Scratching my well-groomed beard as I consider the question.)

Dammit, Lightray, I can answer on my own!

It’s like when someone sends you an e-mail, and then calls you to tell you they sent you an e-mail.

Hmm… You want to become a beardy, flying ninja penguin?

I knew science was in trouble when kids started watching Pokémon “evolve”.

Watching this thread evolve its way out of the slime of the Pit into the clean air of MPSIMS would have made Darwin proud.

What kind of medical condition would force compulsory beardage? Inquiring minds want to know.

Sorry, it came to me by mistake!

May I suggest Gillette Good News disposables? You can buy a 12 pack for about $7.50.

< Guess > Something that makes the chin too sensitive ? A facial wound perhaps ? A skin condition ? < Guess >

I would settle for a prehensile dong.