Excuse me, BOZO! THAT song is NOT dreck!

Actually, “It Not For You” was the first American hit for Olivia Newton-John, who has never, ever (except for the Grease soundtrack) done dreck.

Um, So far everything I have seen here has been pure, unadulterated dreck.

Gah.

Dreck.

All of it.

Now, anything by They Might Be Giants is NOT to be considered Dreck.

You got that, boyo?

Now, anything by They Might Be Giants is NOT to be considered Dreck.

Of course, if you want to pick the most obscure band and declare it dreckless, nobody will be able to contradict you.

:smiley:

Quinn The Eskimo (The Mighty Quinn)

On this very board, someone selected one of my all-time super-favorites, “Pop Goes the World” by Men Without Hats, as the worst song in history. And another individual declared that an all-time classic, “Sally Goes 'Round the Roses” by the Jaynets, was an awful song. (“Awful” not in the good sense of the word).

If You’re Going to San Francisco*, be sure to ride in the dreckmobile, unless you’re going on A Horse With No Name**.

• Scott McKenzie, 1967

** America, 1971

Well, that depends on which commentary you are asking about.

Now, my humor column that ran from 1992-1996 was in a magazine with a circulation of 30,000 copies every two weeks. Some of my commentary was on music.

I’ve also had articles published in Satyre Magazine and I’ve been published in a few books.

So… My commentary has been sold in bucket loads.

:smiley:

We are talking about the same Olivia Newton-John who did:

Let’s get physical, physical
Let’s get physical,
Let’s get physical
Let me hear your body talk
body talk

Just checking. :smiley:
[sub]Thank the Lord I never heard Olivia’s version of “If Not For You”. For me, Harrison’s version is the definitive love song, and I’d hate to have it, erm, infected.[/sub]

RTF

Bzzzt! I can’t believe you got that drek wrong!

*Let’s get physical, physical
I wanna get physical
Let’s get into physical
Let me hear your body talk, your body talk
Let me hear your body talk

My college days are haunting me again :frowning:

Steven

happy heathen, with all due respect, your representation of ‘sunshine of my life,’ ‘freddie’s dead,’ and many others i can’t recall offhand hardly qualifies you as the arbiter of dreck.

the man thinks ‘precious and few’ is legit and has the gall to dis ‘sunshine of my life.’

it is to laugh.

please insert ‘as dreck’ between ‘offhand’ and ‘hardly.’ thanking you.

SV put a sock in it.

[b[Rico**

poor, darling, Rico, “Stagger Lee” is not dreck.

please come again when you have something say.

thank you. :slight_smile: