Experiences you don't want to ruin by experiencing them again.

Lets keep this Cafe Society related.

I don’t want to read Asimov’s “The Last Question” again because I enjoyed it too much the first time.

It’s still good though every time.

I’d say I don’t want to watch all the old cartoons I used to like as a kid. I’m sure they haven’t aged well and I’d like to still think of them as being good.

Finishing the Harry Potter books.

Parachuting.

I still get the adrenalin rush when I think of it. Each detail seems etched on my memory as though I’ve just stepped out of the harness, even though the certificate says it was in May 1988.

Any repetition would only dilute that memory.

And (to keep it Cafe) I’ve used that clarity to bring the event to life for others on stage and in writing. I’ve heard people talk about their multiple jumps - and they sound bored with it. “Oh yeah yeah, it’s a rush alright … hey, is that pizza!?”

Watching the *Beavis and Butt-head * dvd collection as an adult ruined the nostalgic appeal experience in my young adolescent life.

Then again, it only reaffirmed how I must have been such a retarded teenager.

Sound recordings or videos of any live performance I’ve been a part of. Not that there are many (I’m not a member of Phish), but my memories of great shows are always impossibly sunny – on tape all I’d hear are flubs, and on video all I’d see are bald spots and double chins (or, going back a ways, bad haircuts and worse clothing choices).

Going through the Crossing the Line ceremony to become a Shellback. Once was good, disgusting fun. More than once would be masochism.

Boot camp. I enjoyed it, but a large part of that was because the job I’d left to go to boot camp was so stressful I actually found it relaxing. If for no other reason than I had more control over why I was getting yelled on.

Getting stung by a stingray.

No, honestly.

When I felt the jolt, I knew immediately what had happened, and I knew that it wasn’t life-threatening. The lifeguard tower was 50 yards away–my wound was treated within minutes, and they had my foot in a bucket of nearly scalding water (to break down the protein in the venom) shortly thereafter. After the initial shock wore off, the pain WAS intense, but I tried to be zen about it and embrace the experience. Strangely, it worked, and I’m glad it happened.

After rewatching Demolition Man a few years ago, and *Thundercats *a few years before that, when Cartoon Network first acquired its rights in the late nineties, I now refuse to rewatch any movie or show from my child and teenaged years that I’ve not seen since. Even when I enjoyed them, I realized just how cheesy they were, but I had convinced myself they were a ripe Stilton instead of moldy Velveeta.

A little piece of me died inside both times.

If I ever saw The Last Starfighter again I would have to visit the guy at 25th and Walnut that claims to have a memory erasing device. I have no idea how I know that there is a guy with a memory erasing device on the second floor of that building. I think I might have been there one time, but the memory is a bit foggy. I think the guys name is Niel. It is almost like I was there one time, but I can’t remember for sure.

Anyway, I am positively sure that I would regret seeing The Last Starfighter again, and that is why I have never ever rented it to watch it again.

Being born. Been there, done that. I’ve never felt more sticky or gross in my life.

I’ll never understand how or why some people volunteer to be born again.

The first 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan.

I saw it at the theater, it affected me greatly, and I have no desire to minimize or become jaded to the effect it had by viewing the movie multiple times.

This reminds me, I’ve never seen Henry V a second time. The Branagh version, specifically with Derek Jacobi’s ‘muse of fire’ speech. It was brilliant. It could never be that good a second time, because I’d be waiting for that moment that had such an impact because it took me completely by surprise.

Mushrooms.

There are a few sudden, jolting moments in the movie The Ring. I don’t want to see that movie again, now that I now where they are.

Good decision. I loved the movie as a teenager, and I rented it recently for my kids.

It holds up fairly well for a mid-80s movie, and there were parts that I found funnier now than I did when I watched it before, but it was still far better in my memory.

My main experience would be experiencing the water birth of my youngest daughter. We had her at home, and I was there holding my wife’s hand as she squeezed her out, and it was an amazing experience - but not one I want to ever experience again.

I had the misfortune of catching “beavis and butthead do america” in my mid 20s, years after having been a teenage fan of the show. I know exacty how you feel.

The “crawling out of the TV” part is what did it for me. That movie didn’t scare me until that point, and then I was terrified.

I saw KISS live when I was 13, on the Destroyer tour. When the original quartet reunited and toured, I passed on an opportunity to see them, because seeing them when you’re 13 in the summer of 1976 is where that memory should remain.

Having made the mistake of watching Underdog cartoons a few back, I can heartily endorse your choice.