Explain this optical illusion to me please.

Definately five. How many cows do you see here:
http://www.mikemayone.com/Pages/holsteins.html

t-keela methinks your recognition filter is rather over-tolerant.

Do you see horses in the clouds?

Five, dammit!!!

found a much better quality picture of the faces.

In the same place that the improved picture of the horses was found (nice co-incidence)

Maybe it’s the Bloody Mary’s I’ve been drinking all day? I’m usually a Cuervo man but today I opted for Smirnoff…what d’ya think?

BTW Lobsang how’re ya…?

and Oh, I wrote a gallery that has Bev Doolittle’s work. This is his reply:
“Hi
I count 5 too. The other 2 may be “camouflaged” in the background and cannot be easily spotted as Bev Doolittle sometimes does. It may be just a head or two hidden in the rocks and snow and they may be on a different scalealtogether.
Regards
Eric
artandnature.com

So, there ya have it! That’s the Straightdope from someone who actually was looking at the print.
Peace :slight_smile:

I’m, er, fine. A bit hungry in fact.
If the straight dope message board cannot find 7 horses then not even GOD can! I rest my case.

The faces were easy. Found all 11.

But the horses, acck! I think CC is actually right on - it’s a trick. Two are pregnant.

About the horses: Lemme guess, it’s some cheap/clever way for the author to get you to look at the picture for ages eh?

1… 2… 3… 4… 5… 6… 7… 8… 9…10…11… 12?!

<double-check>

1… 2… 3… 4… 5… 6… 7… 8… 9…10…11…<sigh>

I’ve got a print of Pintos at home. Next time I’m there, I’ll grab it. This mystery must be solved!

Look at this picture. Try to find all the hidden dogs.

[link deleted]

Tir, I’m with you. Does NO ONE ELSE see the big human skull tossed into the top right corner of this thing? The colossal skull teetering on the ledge about to fall on the 5-to-13 horses?

It was the first thing I noticed. Glad I’m not alone.

Is this skull formed from the rock or the snow?

Hot diggity! There’s the skull indeed. Its in the rock btw :slight_smile:

Whever he was, he had a giant brain! (or a really small face)

wow how creepy, im never looking at that picture again late at night.

Lobsang wrote:

11 or 12 depends on whether or not you assume the cowboy has a face.

didn’t someone get in trouble for posting that without a warning about what it was?- I hate that anyway:D

Shit!

(stare closely at the picture for a while)

In fact now that I think about it, didn’t someone sue some people over that because they had a heart attack or something? I remember reading this somewhere