Explain your username!

My last name is “Nye”, and while I’m not related to Bill (which I do get asked a lot), I do think that science rules.

Oh, and it’s short and in all lowercase because I started using this handle while BBS-ing in high school.

My husband’s initials are EJ, and I’m EJ’s Girl!

I have a license plate with that on it too.

And I like flodnaks. :wink:

I used to be mediocrebee, but my pollination skills have improved.

The town where I was born.

There was this fellow named Darwin, see, and he had these finches, and, well…I’m one of 'em.

I defeated the previous Legomancer in single armed combat and was awarded the title.

I’m an idiot.

No really.

I was used to boards where you had a user name seperate from your login name.

I saw this and instantly thought:

There can be only one!

It’s about time we had another of these threads…:smiley:

There have been a number of threads dedicated to the topic of the meaning or origin of the Usernames selected by the Teeming Millions[sup]TM[/sup]… as follows…

Your Literary Straight Dope Handle

What does your Straight Dope nickname mean?

What does your name mean?

Where’d you get your board name?

Stupid User Names

How did you chose your username?

What’s the story behind your username?

What’s your username mean?

The “What’s the deal with your username?” Thread

Explain what your name means, and what you think we think it means

Explain your username! (BTW, that’s this one)

Also, Doper Name Game (categorizing)

Mine is easy:

WMU: My school’s initials

lax: abbreviation for lacrosse, the sport I play

93: My jersey number

Growing up in L.A., I saw a number of American comic books translated into Spanish. “El Murcielago” was the Spanish version of “The Batman” (my all-time favorite comic character). Later, I found references to this and thought the name was very cool. I played in a band during my time at University which I named “Los Murcielagos.”

Recently, Lamborghini motors introduced this machine . This name just gets better and better :wink: .

I should caution the reader that if they go back and read any of those old threads I listed, they need to be careful not to accidentally post in them, thereby bumping an old thread inappropriately.

While these threads are interesting and entertaining, please post your comments here.

[hijack]
So then which is worse…or preferable, if you’re a glass half full type: bumping a dead thread because it’s the same topic you want to start, or starting a new thread that’s been done a lot in the past?

I see newbies harassed for doing either and I feel sorry for 'em. Not pointing at you, Algernon, I’ve actually been thinking about this for the past week. Saw a Mod give a smart answer to a re-tread thread a while back (say it ain’t so!)

So, bump or retread?

[/hijack]

My name’s meaning speaks for itself.

ca = california…i live in california
dolphin = i love dolphins

Mine is what I was called in JROTC. It’s an abbreviated form of my last name.

Quite simply, I’m a Jimmy Buffett fan.

They are known as “Parrotheads”

It’s also where the sig quote comes from.

No

Nice job, Algernon… that’s quite a service linking all those together.

Oh, and I am not a volleyball.