Explain your username!

Prior to Y2K as I was preparing for the end of ,or was it the beginning of something, I forget,I was wondering if gas line antifreeze could be used as fuel for an alcohol stove.
Being new to the net I searched for someone who could give me the facts.
I found this site . The straight dope science advisory board would surely know.Right???
Well before I could ask my question I had to join. I was kinda miffed cause I didn’t know Jack about message boards.
I was heard to say “Damn. I justwannano is gas line antifreeze will work.”

i “romanized” my first name. i couldn’t help it - its the historian in me.

I don’t understand the question.

Self
Proclaimed
Overlord
OF
Earth

I guess I’m just unoriginal, because all the usernames I tried were already in use.

I used to be in a band called interface2x. I’m not anymore.

5-HT stands for 5-Hydroxytryptamine aka Serotonin, the neurotransmitter responsible for making us happy(ok that’s way over simplified but you get the point). I started using it on a mailing list back in my raver days(serotonin is the main neurotransmitter that ecstacy effects). I couldn’t think of anything good when I registered here, so I just reused it.

That stuff’s great. Did you eat the little tag of rice paper, or tear it off?

Mine? Me and the Simpsons’ character share the last name, amd a few folks caught on and called me almost exclusively “Troy.” So I took it and ran with it. SF stands for San Francisco, born and raised.

Now, SnugTheJoiner, we need you in here. I was Mustardseed in high school.

Stan Musial once said how lucky he was to “put on the birds-on-a-bat jersey.” Since I’m a huge St. Louis Cardinals fan I thought it would be appropriate.

Named after the Jesus-like poster on the Something Awful forums.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame is my all-time favorite novel, and the modem comes from me trying to be cute when I went online to chat for the first time.

Quasi

It’s my favorite rock.

(Yawn.)

Ender comes from the book Ender’s Game.

w is short for “letter that everyone forgets is there and skips right on over it to get to the numbers”

24 is my age, or was two years ago when I changed it from 23 to 24 and then to 25 for about two glorious weeks before I was demoted back down to 24 again because I slept with Cecil’s wife. And here now I sit and four score and four.

Is it all making sense now? Good.

my favoritest compliment ever. it’s in my sig.

My mother loves harp music, I love stars. Here’s the link that explains better.

http://www.astronomical.org/constellations/lyr.html

No.

(A person’s gotta have some mystery, eh?)

:smiley:

My name is simple, I used it on a chat and became instantly famous in there, the “Da” instead of “the” was to show I’m usually relaxed and always Canadian…

Algernon: Isn’t that the name of a super smart lab mouse in a novel? I can’t remember the name of it for the life of me but the main character was “Charlie”… well and the mouse too.

Since I accepted Jesus as my Savior, I belong to Him forever. Hence, the name His4ever.

I am fairly certain I have replied to one of these threads before, but am too lazy to search Algernon’s links.

Anyway, my username is a nickname I have had for years. It comes from the book and movie Eddie and the Cruisers where Tom Berenger’s character, the keyboard player, is nicknamed The WordMan" because he writes the lyrics to Eddie’s music. A friend of mine in high school pointed at me and said, “that’s what you are, the WordMan” and have been called that (or an array of variations) by some of the people in my life ever since…

Not nearly as life-defining as His4ever’s, but there you have it…

I slaughter other posters and stack their sun-bleached skulls into mighty pyramids.

• Tamerlane