Extremely rare things that have happened to you ... twice.

The same jar?

Pretty rare for a random guy without any media credentials: I’ve interviewed Pete Townshend twice via email on behalf of a fan forum.

Just last week I found 2 people’s lost driver’s licenses (same day) in the snow while skiing.

I was in an accident where the car ended up both totaled and flipped… twice. (To be fair, they were two different cars.)

I was the recipient of two drive-by eggings. I was with the same guy at the
time; the events were separated by 22 years and 400 miles.

I’ve twice made an argument on the Internet about racism and had someone say, “You know what, you’re right. I’m sorry.”

I’ve been bitten by a tiger twice. As in, a real life tiger. And not playfully either. Two that were pissed off.
In Indonesia, there’s a zoo that allowed you to actually pet tigers for a fee. Mostly they were baby cubs, but hey…I still count it. I get to say I’ve been bitten by two tigers before and lived.

This one bit me on the arm shortly after the photo was taken. It didn’t hurt too much, although it did draw blood. I’m just thankful he wasn’t any bigger than this.
The second tiger that bit me was a big bigger than this one, but not by much.
I can’t blame 'em…the way they are treated there (not sure if it’s ALL Indonesian zoos or just this one), was…pretty bad. To wake them up and get them to face the cam, the trainer kept annoying it with a stick and getting it to look up by forcefully pushing its head up with it. I could tell the tigers were getting pissed off and I wasn’t sure I really wanted to take the picture after all, save for the fact that I had paid the money and they didn’t look like they were gonna refund it.
I got my photo taken with one other tiger that day (a third) and that one was the biggest of all…and with two lions, but all of them were tame enough on those days. Either that or…uh…heavily sedated. Not sure. It was sort of a hinky zoo, but my guide told me that’s how it is, sometimes, over there.

Wow, he’s got a totally bitey look. Did you have pate in your pocket?

:eek:

How much did they pay you?

Undercooked meat…wow, that is rare.
mmm

poor English on my part. I should have caught that error. :smack:

I’m not sure undercooked, rare Big Macs are mmmmmm yummy.

:slight_smile:

No, your grammar was fine. I was just being a wise-ass. :o

Twice I’ve found hundred bills in street gutters.

I’ve thwarted robberies at the store I work at twice. Both times people were attempting to take bills off the counter as a cashier was counting out. Both times I walked over, put my arms on the bills, and said “NO.” Both times the person just walked out.

Twice I’ve said to the person with me, “This looks like a good place for bears”, and almost immediately have seen bears. Once, coming back from a camping trip, I said “Around this next corner looked like a good place for bears”, (we were on the same road we had driven out on several days earlier), around the corner, bears again.

I flew into Lord Howe Island (as a passenger). On landing, the plane blew a tire. We felt something - the landing was certainly a bit rough, but overall no worse than a fairly windy touchdown. We all got out and ooh-ed and aah-ed looking at the tire and wheel, taking photos etc.

So eventually got into the Hotel courtesy bus for the transfer to where we were staying - distance about 5 kms. 3 minutes into the drive - BANG. Certainly heard and felt that one.

I had both headlights burn out. I discovered it after pulling out of a mall after dark. That was scary. Thankfully there was an Auto Zone a few blocks away. The streetlights guided me to the store. It was nerve wracking.

I probably had one out for a few days and didn’t notice. Then the other burned out.

That’s still very strange to lose both on a fairly new car. You can drive many years before a headlight goes out.

I too have had chicken pox twice…once aged 14, then again at 21.

Re: birds on the side of the road. Here in Australia after grain-harvest time, the opportunistic cockatoos, galahs and corellas scour the roadsides for wheat etc that has fallen out of the back of the trucks en route to the silos. After a belly-full of grain, the cockies find take-off and flying a bit more difficult and are hit mid-flight by passing cars and trucks.

It’s not unusual to see DOZENS of dead birds per kilometre traveled.

I’m assuming they were different jars, but it was the same tree.

person after my own heart:D