Extremely rare things that have happened to you ... twice.

That’ll depend on how hard he was swinging the bird at her.

In the “hitting birds” department, I’ve done it twice on my motorcycle, a considerably smaller target than a car. One got me in the helmet, and I was glad I was wearing a helmet; birds are pretty lightweight, but when the speed is that high, there’s a lot of momentum transfer.

Another time one hit me square in the chest; it was like someone roundhouse-slapped me, really took the wind out of me.

I’ve had syphilis twice, in back to back years.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Jordan, I stopped by the side of the road to pick up a chicken, that had apparently fallen off a truckload. A few miles further down the road, I saw a nice cabbage (of similar provenance) next to the road, and stopped to pick that up, too. I think those were the only two times in my life I ever saw any lost food on the side of the road that I stopped to harvest. Both within a few minutes and miles of each other. Both were delicious.

I think there are days when birds are particularly prone to being hit by cars, owing to some variable in their life cycle or climatic conditions… One day driving past a marsh, I saw about 20 Virginia Rails , road kills beside the road. I’ve driven that road many times, and never seen more than one isolated road kill. And I’ve spent a great deal of my life searching for Virginia Rails and only seen a couple alive, they are very elusive and secretive. So if you hit a bird with your car, there may be a very good chance that you might hit another one on the same day on the same stretch of road.

I have been in tornados twice, both within a year. One we rode out in the basement, and the other we rode out in our car, under a freeway overpass while it went over our heads.

Flown in and out of Texas in the same day (not a layover). From two different states to two different locations.

First time was from CA, in/out of DFW for a high end tech job interview. Second time was from Nwingland, in/out of Hobby for an on site video shoot. So I’ve been to the heart of Texas twice, drove around it twice, have yet to let the sun set on me there, podnuh.

I had my first Big Mac ever in northern Quebec in 1981. The meat was severely undercooked. .
I had my second Big Mac ever in Southern California in 1987. Also very close to raw. .

There not been a third Big Mac.

#2,  Shortly after my divorce about 28 years ago I received a check from a customer. I set the check on my front seat and went about my business. It was extremely important that I deposited that check on this same day as I had already written checks against it. 
  When it came time to go to the bank I noticed the check was gone. I tore the car apart to no avail and decided to have the customer stop the check and write me another. She had left town and would not be back for several days. I was screwed. 
 Stopping at my next customer when I walked in the door she showed me this check one of her customers had found in a Home Depot parking lot. It was my lost check, tire prints and all. This one had me believing in miracles as I had said a prayer the check would be found.

^ You’re still not getting what the OP is asking for.

Let me help

Sorry about that, I didn’t read the question close enough.

So the second time he still had no idea of the address or even where the town was? Huh.

To be honest, I wouldn’t be surprised to learn this happens more often than I think but it still freaked me out.

20 years ago, I woke up with a song which took up residence in my head all morning long. This was most definitely not a popular tune, in fact, it was from a band that had gotten maybe one song on the radio years before and then fallen off the face of the earth. Plus, it was one of the unreleased tracks from one of their earlier albums that I had never ever heard played on the radio. If you mentioned the name of the band to someone, maybe 1% of people would have heard of them. If you mentioned that particular song, it’s probably closer to .01% of people. Yet when I turned on the car radio, you can guess what was playing.

Then, about ten years later, the same thing happened (with a different band/song). Got in the car and an 80s song I hadn’t heard in decades was on at almost the exact same lyric I had in my head.

Sure, this happens lots of times with popular songs but there was some weird universal wavelengths going on those mornings.

(And no, it wasn’t a CD).

Hit by lightening twice.

Small boat with 10 HP outboard motor.Hit something submerged at night in the main channel that knocked the engine still running off the transom & into my lap.

Same boat & motor, night, about a year later about ½ away from the first time it happened again.

Both times, shut the engine down and remounted the engine and went on my way. Only damage was to the wood plate where the motor clamps attached to the boat. Gouge marks which did not need any repair.

Most interesting thing was at Tulsa International Airport ( TUL ) being able to be identified, given a squawk code for the transponder, get landing instruction, clearance to land and cleared to my parking all the while never speaking on the radio, just clicking the mic transmit switch and a push of the ‘ident’ button on the transponder. This happened over 10 times in one month and many times in a year.

Like **GusNSpot **I, too, have been hit by lightning twice. Hence my username.

I’ve been to the bottom of the Marianas Trench. Twice. For twenty minutes.

C’mon, someone had to…

I’ve seen a peanut butter jar fall out of a tree twice.

I’ve listened to “Rio Rio” by Duran Duran Duran Duran.

I’ve found $100 lying on the ground, twice. Once when I was 11, and once when I was 48.

The first time, I was with my friend Jan (that’s a guy, “Yan,”) and we both kind of found it together. We were indoors. It was two $50s, so we split it. Then later, we saw some people looking around for something where we’d found it, and clearly distressed, so we asked them if they’d lost something. We were canny enough not to admit to finding anything, let alone cash. The man said yes, $100, two-$50s, so we returned them, and he went and got change and gave us each a $20. We felt that we’d done the right thing, and I still do.

The other time, I found a $100 lying on a parking lot, and there was no one else around, and no place even to really report to and say “Hey, if someone asks…” So that time, I really got a free $100.

I don’t know how rare this is but I have had the transmission fail on two different cars in mid drive (engine revs but doesn’t move the car anymore). It’s kind of cheating because it happened more than once on both cars so it was more than twice.