Fall Movies - What are you seeing?

Serenity is the only one for certain. I don’t go out to movies often.
But… I might have to see Elizabethtown, soley because I grew up there and I still think it’s freakin’ weird that anyone ever heard of it much less based a movie there. And there’s always the nitpicking of course.

I am looking forward to Brokeback Mountain. Who doesn’t love a gay cowboy movie? Kidding aside, the trailer looked great.

Also:
Wallace and Grommit
Harry Potter and Whatever
Pride and Prejudice

I am planning to see Broken Flowers this week. Hurray!

That’s a lot! Some good ones on there though. I feel like I go to the movie more in the colder weather - why I don’t know. Yeah Flightplan is a good one to go to the theater for - seems like the plane and the effects will be cool and I like thrillers like that. I heard Elizabethtown is long but it’s on my list too. There are so many really - my list is probably long as yours if I flush it out!

Definitely:

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Possibly:
The Corpse Bride
Serenity (I didn’t hate the show, so if asked I’d go)
Waiting

Everything else looks like worthy of watching once it’s on video at best. Except maybe Pride and Prejudice. If people have the same horrified complaints about diverting from the book as they do about Mansfield Park (which was a good movie based on a book I wouldn’t read), it might be worth watching as much as I loathed the book. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just saw The Constant Gardener, Redeye, and A Sound of Thunder.
The first two were excellent and the third sucked.

I would like to see Brokeback Mountain, Elizabethtown, Proof, Memoirs of a Geisha, Jarhead, and Serenity. That’s it for now. I’m sure there will be another flurry.

Did you read Memoirs of a Geisha? Supposed to be a good book.

Jodie Foster has been a favorite of mine since she played Clarice - plus those trailers are pretty good - that’s why I’m sold on Flightplan.

Proof is going to have Gwyneth Paltrow right? Has she been in anything lately? Not that I recall but I could be spacing.

Yes, Memoirs is a great book. I wonder how they’re going to show the “tipsy” house.
Oops! How could I leave out Flight Plan? Definitely going to see that.
Yes, Paltrow is in Proof and she hasn’t done a whole lot lately, apparently by choice due to having her first child.

Wallace and Gromit
Harry Potter
Narnia 1

I’m such a grown up. :slight_smile:

At least these:

Legend of Zorro
Wallace and Grommit
Flightplan
Oliver Twist

In no particular order:

RENT (I can’t wait!)
Exorcism of Emily Rose
The Corpse Drive
Memoirs of a Geisha
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
Chicken Little
Proof

Just saw Exorcism of Emily Rose today - I was not let down - really solid flick - anyone else see it?

I wanted to see Forty Year Old Virgin this weekend too - damn!

Hard to believe it’s fall and we’re already seeing “fall” movies!

From that woefully untapped genre, the Zombie Road Movie.

Everyone at work is being treated to Serenity.
I’ll go see Harry Potter and Wallace and Gromit (which is out this week, here) and I’ll probably see Zorro, if it is out in Australia this year.

Brokeback Mountain (directed by Ang Lee) just won the Golden Lion at the Venice Film Festival.

The always fantastic David Strathairn won Best Actor for George Clooney’s B&W Edward R. Murrow film Good Night, and Good Luck.

Serenity, Serenity, Serenity, Serenity.

The latest Harry Potter. Wallace and Gromit.

And whatever else catches my fancy. That’s, lemme see now, 6 movies. :slight_smile:

After watching the trailer for Brokeback Mountain, I’m going to have to go ahead and add it to the list. And take a long, cold shower. Dang.

I just read the short story last week and, from what I’ve heard, a lot of it seems to have made it to the big screen.

Good Night, and Good Luck

I might just have to add Lord of War to my list. And I hate Nic Cage.

I saw it. I really liked it. It wasn’t what I thought it’d be, but like you, I wasn’t let down in the least bit.

The whole excorsicm scene was cool in and of itself.

Okay, could I just ask everybody in New York and L.A. to go out and see Everything Is Illuminated this weekend so it does well and they send a print here next week? Thanks.

Oh, and The Libertine has been pushed back to December, maybe. “We’ll let ya know.”