Fallout 3, Dead Space, Far Cry 2, or Fable 2

Which one(s) will you be getting and why?

Fallout 3 for sure. It’s Fallout and the previews have all sounded good so far.

Far Cry 2

Because Far Cry is in my Top 5 All Time Games

I would be getting E) All of the Above, except I don’t have an XBox 360, and I can’t justify the purchase of one just so I can get Fable 2.

None. Diablo III and Starcraft 2 will probably be my next big game sequel purchases.

Fallout 3. Fable 2 maybe, one day, but no time soon. Far Cry 2? I dunno. I played and loved Far Cry; I’ll probably buy Crysis one day, if I’m out of games; but I haven’t really followed Far Cry 2, and the restricted DRM they just announced may have killed it for good in my mind.

Fallout 3 - It’s fallout. It’s bethesda. It’s gonna rock.

Far Cry 2 - I enjoyed the first one and really like the more sandbox approach of the sequel. Plus I already beat Warhead and I’m not much for multi-player shooters so I need my FPS story fix.

I’m going to wait on Dead Space until after the holidays. There’s just too much to play. Fable I won’t be getting. Mostly because I don’t own a 360. But looking over the game play and trailers and previews, even if I did have a 360 I wouldn’t pick it up. It’s like a lame version of the SIMS fantasy style. I mean common, I want to pillage dungeons and slay dragons and assasinate kings in my RPG’s. Not hunt around for condoms 'cause I don’t want to get the milk maid pregnant. :rolleyes:

I’ve got Fallout 3 on pre-order, and I picked up Dead Space this week. Fallout is one of my favorite videogame franchises ever, and while I’ve got my issues with Bethesda games in general, I think they can probably do a pretty good job with this one. Dead Space I just picked up on a whim, but I’m enjoying the hell out of it. It’s very much a retread of System Shock 2, with all of the RPG elements stripped out and replaced by a very linear story structure. But, what the hell. It’s a gorgeous looking game, and a lot of fun to play, even if it’s not doing anything dramatically new.

I liked Far Cry a lot, so I might pick up Far Cry 2, but it’s not a priority for me. I’ll probably pick it up some time when I’m in the mood for a new game, but nothing new has come out lately. So, sometime next Summer, unless the reviews are really, really good. Fable II I’m probably going to pass on. Peter Molyneaux hasn’t come out with a decent game since Dungeon Keeper II, and I’ve got no reason to except Fable II to be any different.

Wow. We are so close (Fallout) and yet so far (Bethesda). Sorry, I’ve been burned too many times by the “Bethesda Fail”. The company is perpetually one step from greatness but never puts the effort to do it right.

You’re not the only one. I just read this French PC magazine review and now I’m worried: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45725

Dead Space because it looks completely fucking awesome.

Oh, and the reviews are through the roof.

I’m getting fallout for sure. I might get Fable if the reviews are excellent after a few months when the hype is over. I wont get farcry or dead space unless they get absolutely spectacular reviews and I happen to find them on sale.

Well I’'ve had a very minimal amount of hands-on time with Fallout 3. If you like TES4: Oblivion, you’ll like Fallout 3. If you didn’t, then you won’t. Simple as that. My experience was that it is basically Oblivion with forest textures swapped out for rubble and post-apocalyticness. Medieval stone villages swapped out for shanty towns. Swords and maces swapped out for baseball bats and sledgehammers. Swap spells for guns.

The pause-time targeting system works really well and definitely adds a nice extra layer to the First Person Shooter perspective. I enjoyed playing it and will definitely be buying it when it comes out. Seriously, though, don’t expect anything more than The Elder Scrolls 2010.

Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2.

Never played a Fallout game but it looks cool. I really liked Far Cry Instinct: Predator. Kind of what I imagined being a crazed baboon with a machinegun must feel like (although I guess there are no jungle powers in the new one).
On an unrelated note, does anyone like Mercenaries 2? I rented it but it just isn’t grabbing me like GTA 4 or Dead Rising.

Also, I didn’t get any hands-on playtime with Far Cry 2, but I did get a chance to watch one of the “missions” being played. It’s essentially the same as what you may have seen in the numerous gameplay footage that’s out there.

Seems very very different from Far Cry 1 / Crysis. Much more like a GTA style game where you earn money, buy guns from shops, and have “safe houses” where you can save game and sleep. The non-linear gameplay and day/night cycle is very reminiscent of the aforementioned Oblivion/Fallout3. I’ll probably wait to see some full reviews of this before I decide.

I’m getting Fallout 3 for PC. Incidentally I believe it may end up being one of my last gaming purchases. Bought a 360 about a year ago and gaming just doesn’t excite me that much anymore (not helped by Madden achieving a higher level of suck with 2009). Never got into an RPG that much so I’m giving Fallout 3 one last shot. If that doesn’t work that’s probably it for me as far as gaming.

Seconded. My friend and I won the opportunity to play it for an hour (ok, my friend won. I mooched). This was my exact take. It’s reskinned Oblivion. I liked Oblivion, sure, but they could at least admit this so people know what to expect.

With Fallout 3 and Fable 2 the developers have serious over-promise/under-deliver issues with just about every game they’ve ever published (I think the last Molyneux title that didn’t have that problem was Magic Carpet). I’ve yet to hear anything about Dead Space that made me think it would be anything other than a generic shooter, and I wasn’t that impressed with the previous Far Cry games.

I’m sure I’ll play them all eventually but I wouldn’t pay more than seven or eight dollars for any of them.

Ouch. That’ not inherently awful (I liked Oblivion), but it was a game that, as I said, was so fricking close to being a real titan of awesome that it was an incredible shame they didn’t get there. It’s really sad that they took the lazy way out.

Just fix the fucking leveling and scaling systems. If that’s done I’ll buy it ( it is Fallout, afterall ), if it’s not I probably won’t. At least not until someone patches the damn thing ( which I guess shouldn’t be long, since I’ll be getting the PC version ).