"Family Circus" diminished my view of humanity today

Hey! The South Bay Daily Breeze funny pages areplenty edgy! Take “Drabble,” for instance. When they do a strip about Ralph Drabble phoning in traffic jams to the radio station, they mention the actual freeways that South Bay Daily Breeze readers drive on every day! Like the 405, the 110, and the 91! It’s practically cinema verite! I get chills just thinking about it!

My newspaper printed the captions with “you’re” in both places, to.

(Two?)
(Too?)

No, it reali did.

Anyway, what could be more edgy than a man building his career as an artist by reanimating the dessicated corpse of his own father, and making the resultant product seem insipid and twee?

Lio ain’t got nuthin’ on Geoff Keane.

P. S. For something transgressive, check out the sample cartoon on the wikipedia article about the strip. I thought I was looking at the Lockhorns in a parallel universe where they reproduced.

Rumor has it that an announcement is forthcoming that Dolly has leukemia. Kind of makes grammatical errors seem a bit trite. :frowning:

That’s an overreaction to a simple spelling mistake.
You need to get your mind off these trivial matters.
Go outside.
Take a walk.
Enjoy all this wonderful fall foilage.

Caption should be: “That would be the ricin…”

They’re their. Its knot the inn of the whirled.

What, did Geoff Keane sell the franchise to Tom Batiuk?

You beat me to it. :smiley:

It was spelled correctly in my paper too.

Wow. I didn’t know. Funky Coincidence.

:confused:

The same strip ran in the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel on Friday and both “you’re” were spelled correctly for their usage.

We should be more concerned about Bil Keane who is burning in hell for creating The Family Circus in the first place!:mad:

Who asked you?

I pay a subscription for my paper. I deserve not to have such tripe cluttering up valuable space in the comics section.

They should dump Ziggy too!

Funny you should mention Drabble - the OP made me think of a grammar joke Drabble did years ago. I don’t remember the characters’ names, and I’m paraphrasing from memory, but it went like this:

The older brother ( a teenager, and none too bright, but he’s got this one) sees his preschool/kindergarten-age sister doing something at the kitchen table:

Older Brother: “Hey, what are you doing?”

Baby Sister: “I’m drawing a pitcher!”

OB: "No, no, sis, you’re drawing a picture. A picture and a pitcher are different things.

BS: “Oh.”

OB: “So, what are you drawing a picture of?”

BS: “Hideo Nomo.”

(For the non-baseball fans out there, Hideo Nomo was a then-current pitcher for the Los Angeles Dodgers.)

Norman and Penny, fwiw.

Can’t remember the smart little brother’s name to save my life, though.

Which was a reused joke, since I remember them doing it way back in the 80s. (… Searching, you and I have had this conversation before…Hah. This is a recycled conversation about a recycled Drabble!)

Doo doo doo doo … doo doo doo doo … you have now entered … THE TWILIGHT ZONE

Well, la-dee-da! The Breeze isn’t published to cater to your personal tastes. Why don’t you contact the syndicates which distribute Drabble and Ziggy and open your garbage mouth to them?
FYI, I don’t read Drabble. In the dailies I read Luann, Rose Is Rose, Marmaduke, Baldo, Bizarro, Beetle Bailey, etc., and Ziggy.

Not quite sure what to make of that post.