family feud funny.

Well, that seals it – I’m not cut out to host a game show, because I probably would have said, “Pardon me, sir, are you a dumbass?”

My father and I almost fell off the couch laughing when this question and answer were given:

“Name an animal with only three letters in its name.”
“Alligator.”
Another laugh-getter was this:

“Name a yellow fruit.”
“An orange.”

The best ever answer on Family Feud was when the question was “Name something you would do if it weren’t against the law”

So they get an answer or two on the board before they come to the dad character of the family, who says “Have sex with somebody underage”

The audience didn’t clap so enthusiastically and his wife did not look amused.

From the Dawson Days…during the bonus round.

“Name a fast-growing vegetable”

A: Asparagus

Now, I don’t know how funny that is, but the second person to come out answered Asparagus as well, which was funny.

In what month does a pregnant woman start to show?
September

The outtakes from that one are hilarious. Host Richard Dawson couldn’t get past it. Every time he tried to go on, he’d suddenly say “September” and start laughing again.

The “turkey” sequence was as follows:

Name the first thing you buy in a grocery.
Name something you take to the beach.
Name a food that you stuff (which did get some points).

The guy’s family was looking at him as if he were totally certifiable.

Show me Fliexible Sigmodiscope!

(100 points to whoever Ids the reference. 200 if you can say what the other answers on the board were).

I remember this episode! It seems that the family grew asparagus, and apparently when it ripens, you cut it every day. So they would naturally have thought of that, having harvested bushels of it as kids! (At least this is what I remember from the show.)

Still, it was funny, because how many people would even know that?

Family Feud is still on the air?!

Yep. The new host is Richard Karn, formerly of Home Improvement.

God I haven’t seen FF in years. My favorite line was from Richard Dawson years and years ago when the topic was “Place people go on vacation”. France, England etc were given as likely answers until one man said “Pakistan”. Dawson was taken aback for just a second, then started riffing in this spot on Indian accent “Oh my yes! Why do not more people come to visit me in Pakistan!”

It was just a throwaway line, but it was hilarious. You had to be there I guess.

The turkey sequence was on the British FF and was three questions as Annie pointed out.

One of my favorites was in the bonus round:
“Name an animal with three letters in its name.”

First contestant: “Frog”. So for the second contestant Richard emphasizes the words “three letters”. Second contestant: “Alligator”.

Another on a face off question. “Name a famous Peter.” Contestant buzzes in. “Peter!”