Family Guy 4/29

Well, they did it. They finally made me do it. I actually did a spit take. Thank God it was just water, or it would have stained the drapes.

The line?

“It’s Enrico Palazzo!”

OK, I’ll bite. Who’s that? And why is it spit-take worthy?

Now I wish I hadn’t deleted the episode from my TiVo. Please refresh my memory on the “Enrico Palazzo” moment. Was it during the beauty pageant?

It was during the pageant, when Stewie’s wig fell off. The line is a reference to The Naked Gun, in which Frank Drebin (Leslie Neilsen) goes undercover as Enrico Palazzo (a ficticious opera singer) in order to find an assassin. After Drebin saves the Queen of England from the assassin, an audience member notices who the man is: “Hey! It’s Enrico Palazzo!”

The speech at the end of the episode sounded like it was geared towards the Parents Television Council, which has criticized Family Guy in the past for its raunchy humor and irreverence towards religion.

I loved the pictures of Bush with Reagan, Saddam, Osama, and Superdevil. And the whole Superdevil thing was pretty funny, too.

“Looking for religious tolerance in Texas? That’s like asking Sneakers O’Toole to take off his sneakers- it’s not going to happen.” That was so random and funny. I think I’m going to use Sneakers O’Toole as a comparison from now on.

In conclusion, Kevin Bacon was not in Footloose.

the whole scene where Stewie meets Jesus was funny, yet uncomfertable.

It was based on the Harrison Ford spying on Kelly McGillis scene in “Witness”, wasn’t it?

Ding! ding! I think we have a winner! Good call!

I just didn’t get that one. Was there supposed to be some sexual inference?

Back when McGillis was attractive there was. :slight_smile:

Still, I have to say both FG and AD fell flat tonight. Maybe I’m getting more mature? No, seriously!

-Joe