Family Guy 7/17

I thought they could have spent a little more effort developing her initial decision to steal.

Good episode, great gags.

Also, the restaurant they were living over was called “Chinese Resuarant”, but it was written in Japanese [/dork].

Can someone (who taped it or has Tivo or something) type of the dialogue that lead up to Quag saying, “That also has sexual overtones”? That was my favorite part :stuck_out_tongue:

D’oh! Type UP! UP! heh

If you insist.

Lois: I guess I was stealing because I was so sick of the same old routine. I felt like I had a void in my life, like, like there was a secret hole in me.
Quagmire: Oh, God!
Lois: And I was trying to fill that hole with all kinds of expensive objects and things.
Lois: And I felt wonderful with all those things filling that hole.
Lois: I did this to myself, so I’m just going to have to lay back and let the penal system teach me a lesson.
Quagmire: That one is also sexual.

Did I ever mention how much I love you?

I shall be laughing for days now- DAYS!

45 posts and not a single Corey Haim mention? For shame! The best part is that you just know he watches the show in his stepmom’s basement and can’t figure out whether he should find the joke insulting or funny (oh, who am I kidding, he’s probably weeping into the oversized “Born to Shop” tee he stole from The Lost Boys ).

I didn’t catch the Neverending Story joke. What was it?

Peter fantasizes he riding that dragon-thing and ends up nearly killing it because he’s too big.

I felt bad about that one, I thought it was a comment on female infanticide in China.

It probably was.

Oh it was. For sure.

Also, that bit started with a comment about Peter’s fantasy world, and then jumped to Peter lying in the attic, covered with a blanket, reading a book, in the same pose as Bastien from the movie. Cut to Peter riding Falcor…

You’re supposed to feel bad while you’re laughing, then feel bad about laughing.

I came in late on this episode. What was the “Take on Me” joke?

Chris say a black and white colored hand beckoning from the behind the milk, and the grocery store. He clasped the hand, and found himself in a picture perfect recreation of the music video for a-ha’s song,** take on me**. He was the only one draw in the FG style. Everyone else(members of the production crew on Family Guy) looked straight out of the video, i.e. rotoscoped. I shall not spoil the video for you, nor how it ends.

NOBODY TELL HIM! It’ll be funnier when he sees the repeat then. Or an online clip.

Chris [del]say[/del] saw a black and white colored hand beckoning from [del] the[/del] behind the milk, in the grocery store.

Chris was reaching for some milk from the back of the cooler at the grocery store, and a graphite-animated hand reached out. He took the hand and was pulled into the cooler, and then they did, basically, the “Take On Me” video, with Chris in the place of the woman.

It was brilliant.

Toward the end, when they break back out into the real world, Chris flings himself at the wall several times, then come crashing out through the eggs back into the grocery store.

Lois asks him “Where have you been?”

Chris, with trademark Chris panicked/amazed inflection, says, “I don’t know!”

Sorry Revtim . . . didn’t preview!

I didn’t think it was a joke that relied on surprise so much as stunning visual fidelity, though.

The surprise was a big part of it, IMHO. Oh well.