famous cheaters

In the Tiger Woods thread, someone speculates all famous men cheat and wives should sortof expect it.
Have there been any famous couples married where niether of them cheated? Or at least no proof or allegations?
I wonder.

There are plenty of allegations without proof; I could allege anything I want about a married couple and that would count.

But some long-lived celebrity marriages include:
Mel Brooks and Anne Bancroft
Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward
Richard Benjamen and Paula Prentiss
Gene and Mary Sarazen (golf)

I haven’t heard any allegations about Barack or Michelle Obama cheating, which is frankly somewhat surprising given all the other things they have been accused of.

Long marriages: Bob and Dolores Hope and Steve Allen and Jayne Meadows had really long marriages; whether they were faithful, that’s their own business.

George Burns and Gracie Allen had a very long, loving marriage. However, Burns did admit to straying once. The story makes for an amusing anecdote. From Wikipedia:

I find this obsession over celebrities’ fidelity kind of morbid. Really, the last thing a struggling marriage needs is an entire, nosy public weighing in. Whatever we may thing of these people personally, it’s their marriage and they’re the ones who live it.

Well, there was the whole thing last year (primaries, I think) with Larry Sinclair claiming he had sex with Obama and was about to come forward with evidence. It even got picked up by World Net Daily! Here’s a link to an…interesting forum that talks about it. Of course, WND is like Weekly World News, except there’s no Bat Boy and it isn’t as funny.

The Gretzkys.

The Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts and his wife, Shirley.
Married since 1964. Even the other Stones have noted that Charlie does not cheat, and he will bring his wife with him on tour.

James Cagney said in his autobiography that he never cheated on his wife of 64 years; he almost did, with Merle Oberon, but backed out at the last minute.

When Karl Malden died a few months ago, I remember reading that he and his wife had been married for 60-something years. (Actually, a quick check of his Wikipedia page shows it was over 70 years!) I’m going on the assumption that a marriage doesn’t survive that long if there is cheating going on, but I could be wrong.

Shouldn’t your thread title be “Famous non-cheaters”?

Sam Elliot and Katharine Ross have been married a long time. I don’t know if they’re the kind of famous that would get any infidelities reported.

I’ve never heard any rumors of Tom Hanks or Rita Wilson philandering.