Famous People Who Look Like They Need A Bath

My mom and I were talking about this the other day. I know Laurie as the younger, proper-looking Prince and Bertie and “Fry &” but I am not digging his current scruffy look. He should have a “hair do” and a shave. And maybe a nice starched shirt, too.

I think the way they do him up for House makes him look like he’s not growing old gracefully.

Thanks for that link. The article itself was annoying but over to the side was a link to a photo shoot Angelina did when she was 16. My god she’s beautiful!
Ooops, edit to add my nomination to the thread, speaking of Angelina…

Billy Bob Thornton.

Maybe he’s cleaned up nicely since, but Viggo Mortensen.

There is some photo of Gallo from early on in his modeling career where he was wearing a sharp suit and was clean-shaven and with close-cropped hair. He looked really good. But for the life of me, I can’t find the pic. I don’t know where I first saw it, but I think it’s out there somewhere on the internet.

When I was a teen in the '90s, many of the new crop of rock stars looked like they could do with a bit of rinsing. :slight_smile:

They were still awesome, though!

I started to post the same thing, but then I came across this photo from 2007.

(And if you do an image search for Viggo, what’s up with that photo of him with the tattoos? Are they really his, or were they for a movie role?)

I doubt that any are real tattoos; the picture is from Eastern Promises and he is tatted up to to look like a Russian gangster.

If you’re talking about the ones he had for “Eastern Promises”, they were for the movie. He played a Russian mobster…they were supposed to be prison tattoos.

Colin Ferrell. Ewwwwwwwwwwww!

Farrell. Watch In Bruges and change your mind.

I’ll also nominate Tom Waits, but then he’s mean to look like something out of a Bukowski novel.

My ex SiL once interviewed Liam Ó Maonlaí from Hothouse Flowers, and said he stank to high heaven.

But… does anyone other than me think the “need a bath” crowd are a lot more interesting than the squeaky-clean lot?

That’s who I came in here to say. I don’t know how to do the fancy hyperlink to the name, so here’s this: http://phrenetical.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/colin-farrell.jpg and this http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/m/oscars_arrivals_10_240208/colin_farrell_5095198.jpg

Grease and cigarettes.

That’s the first person I thought of too!

I think brownies might be a more reasonable guess.

I didn’t know Robert Pattinson’s name but he was the first image that came to mind. Someone quipped that he always looks hung over too. I couldn’t agree more.

Madonna.

It’s the fashion. Scruffy bits of facial hair, stubble, and all that gel/clay/gook they put in their hair. The hair looks like it’s coated with varnish or dipped in a vat of bear grease.

Bob Geldof. Duh.

Mickey Rourke

I’m puzzled by the selection of Alec Baldwin, but I’ll admit that Stephen fits the bill.

I came here to mention Johnny Depp. And say that I would be very glad to offer him my bathtub and scrub his back if needed. :slight_smile:

(And probably “misplace” his clothes.)

Are we including dead people? . . . especially if they started decomposing when they were still alive?

I think this is a prime example of good dirty versus bad dirty. Yeah, she could do with a bath but damn she’s smoking hot in a dirty way. However, plenty of other examples here are just dirty in a “geez you must stink and really need a bath” way.