Fantasy Baseball is here!! Sign up for SMDB Fantasy Baseball!

Fine by me.

– Potomac Pounders

I’ll be there on the evening of Thursday, March 15th, 7:20 pm PST.

It’s good to see some familiar names/teams from last year here in this year’s chase.
Without the “Autodraft”, I doubt if I will be as lucky this year, to get both Pudge and Piazza on my roster.

John… who gets first pick, and how is the pick order determined?

Good luck everybody!

Joined John Corrado’s league as the Improbable Probables.

Mior favor to ask, John . . . I have class that night from 7:20 to 10, and normally I’d just skip it, but 1. it’s in the department of my major, and 2. it’s a once-a-week class. Is there any possible way we could do a draft on, say, another night? Like Friday or Wednesday or something?

Or I could just shut up and pre-rank my players.

John, just my input on when we select teams. I cannot do any Friday nite or Saturday before 7PM PST. But any other day is ok with me.

JC here. Of Zevs league.

A live draft could be a prob for me. I start work at 7AM every day and that means I leave the house at 6AM. So I’m normally in bed by 9:30 or so. I could probably work out a Friday night thing if necessary.

Weekends are bad for me. Like John, my schedule is pretty frantic on the weekend.

Zev, I’m pretty busy this Sunday. Maybe on a weeknight?

Chaim Mattis Keller

I actually proposed Mar 18, not this Sunday.

In any event, a weeknight is OK with me. However, Jonathan Chance says that the only weeknight that’s OK for him is Friday, which is not OK for us. I think we may have to leave it as an autopick.

If someone else can come up with a workable plan to get all 12 of us together, I’ll change it.

Zev Steinhardt

I like the idea of a live draft (and I’m on Atlantic time). But I may be travelling that weekend. I’ll let you know when I know for sure… If worse comes to worse – and I hate the thought of this – I guess you could delete me and sign someone else up. Damnit.

jm

We conduct an email offline draft.

Every owner submits to me (or posts) a list of 12 players (ranked) they want. Each owner is given the highest ranked player available on their list. I then inform everyone of which player they got and Round 2 lists are submitted. We continue this way until all roster spots have been filled. Figure on one round being done every day or every other day.

I know this is a pain, but if you want a true draft (not autopick) and we can’t all get together for a live draft, this is the next best thing.

Let me know via email.

Zev Steinhardt

Umm, why? If you can’t make it, autopick takes over.

okay. Another idea. Is it possible to have an extended-time live draft for league 1? As in we start as soon as possible and we just pick players when people get a chance? Since most of league1 was on line this morning I’m hoping that most of us have access to pick during the daytime hours? How to do this would be a problem I no longer have access to set up a web site for this purpose or the time to set it up? The ugly way would be to just set up a thread and we post to it in drafting order(note this is entirely up to the mods and admins since we all realize the bandwidth problem and it would quickly be a long thread of no use to 99% of the posters here)
Zev could throw dice or something for the random order and if someone doesn’t post for 4 hours since the last post the next available player on the yahoo rankings who isn’t hurt or holding out becomes their player? and if someone didn’t think they could be available they could sent a next available list to the comish or someone else for their turn?

Feel free to tell me I’m an idiot and this is a stupid idea.

Okay. So far, both pun and weirddave have a problem with the specifc day (March 15th). What day would be better for you?

And is there anyone signed up for League 2 that’s on the west coast? If not, maybe we should push the draft back to 8 PM EST (7 PM CST, 6 PM MST) so Jonathan Chance can switch over to League 2.

John

A) I didn’t know that.

B) That, however, puts the autopick person at a real disadvantage. I think that in the interests of fairness, it’s got to be everyone picks or everyone autopicks.

Zev Steinhardt

D’oh! :o

But actually, I might well be moving that weekend, so I can’t commit to that date anyway.

Chaim Mattis Keller

Those of you worried about missing the live draft realize that you can miss it, and it will just be like an auto-pick league for you. Right?

You can even tweak your player rankings list if you so choose prior to the draft if you know you’re going to miss it.

This is beginning to sound like the organizational preparations for a Chicago DopeFest. :wink:

I like this. But that means Zev has a bit of extra admin to do.

I think that Zev’s e-mail thing might work. But then, Zev, do you have the ability to go in and automatically select everyone’s roster? How would that next step work?

On the other hand, I was cool with the 18th.

Oh.

From the Yahoo Rules page:

There’s plenty of time before the season starts, it’s just a matter of how big a pain the commish is willing to deal with.

Ok, I’ve adjusted my player rankings to the point where I could live with missing a live draft if I had to.

If we end up with an email draft, that’s fine too. I’m easy.

jm

OK, that’s four votes so far for an email draft.

Please let me know as soon as possible, so that we can get started right away.

FYI: Draft Order (League 1)

Odd numbered rounds (order of signup):

1. Zev’s Wolves
  2. Potomac Pounders
  3. Continental Drifters
  4. Lay Miserables
  5. Guys in Cheesy Unies
  6. The Blue Ridge Folks
  7. Sleeping Giants
  8. Rocky Wolves
  9. Sweethaven Guppies
  10. Logan Square Bombers
  11. Accidental Tourists
  12. McGraw’s Mirage.

Even numbered rounds will be in reverse order. I, therefore, have picks 1 & 24, Potomac Pounders have 2 & 23, etc.

Zev Steinhardt