Fantasy Baseball is here!! Sign up for SMDB Fantasy Baseball!

The league is full :frowning:

I guess I will just take my ball and glove and go home. <note this is a joke>

OK, that’s 12!

IF we can all agree on a time for an online draft, then I’ll switch the draft to online, otherwise, we’ll leave it as AutoPick.

As an autopick draft, everyone has to rank the players in the order they want them. I don’t know yet when Yahoo! will conduct the draft, but as soon as I know, I’ll pass the word along.

Zev Steinhardt

I’m sorry deb2world.

I’ll tell what, however. Since you tried to join before I announced the league was full…

If you can get at least six of the owners in the owners in the league to agree to one more addition, I’ll open it up to one more. You can even count me as one of the six. (I hope no one in the league is a triskadekaphobic).

Zev Steinhardt

Well, dammit, I tried to join, and it said the league was full.

So I’m starting my own. Take that, Satan.

18 teams.

SDMB League Two
League ID: #9516
Password: SDMB

On line draft, set for the evening of March 15th, 7:20 pm PST. (Yeah, that means that East Coast players will be up until midnight in the draft. Suck it in.)

::deb2world enters on knees::

Oh blessed ones of baseball ownership, I humble come before you to ask that I be included in this league. I play fair, hardly ever cheat, don’t spit on the astroturf, promise to keep my dog off the field, and will even womp your butts.

… or you could join John Corrado’s league :slight_smile:

Zev Steinhardt

Well, the league is full… :frowning:

deb2world can I count on a fun season in your league?! :smiley:

::deb2world gets off of knees::

So there phttthhh!!! I joined John Corrado league. Hey John I am the Dancing Dolphins.

::deb2world exits to go learn about the draft::

(Zen thanks for your offer it was sweet of you)

I meant Mr. Corrado’s league…Really I did!!! :wink:

I have an idea. SInce there are 15 people interested in about 4 hours it looks like there will be easily be enough for two full leagues(hell maybe three) Maybe you could pick draft times to complement different schedules, then people could rearrange on the teams so that everybody has a draft they can make?

wolfman- Interesting thought. Looking at the “Commissioner Tools”, I can delete Managers (bwahahahaha), so it would be possible to get someone out of a league they’re already signed up for, and then have someone else sign up in their stead.

As for SDMB 2- I can’t do the draft at work, and my weekends are usually way too busy, so I’m looking at a post 7 pm EST draft; given that I’m usually up until midnight anyways, a 10 pm EST draft isn’t that big a deal for me, and means Pacific coasters can sign up for a 7 pm draft.

zev? Whaddya say?

John

Ok, I’m pretty flexible on drafting times. I’m gonna go ahead and join John’s league for now, just so I don’t get locked out of another full league… :smiley:

BTW, I’m the Columbus Mad Cows.

It says the draft is Thursday March 15th @ 7:20pm PST (10:20pm EST) which is perfectly fine with me…

However, how long do these online drafts last? It’s not that big a deal, I’m just curious.

I can usually do any weeknight (except Friday) after about 9 (Eastern). I can also do a Sunday draft (with enough notice).

Zev Steinhardt

I’m glad to see there’s this much interest. I remember last year we had to struggle just to get 10 people…

Zev Steinhardt

deb and idiot- welcome to the league! The draft is expected to take about an hour and a half, though it depends upon the number of players in the league and the number of players on the team.

zev- Hmmm. You’re on the east coast as well, right? It may be best for you to do your draft on Sunday early afternoonish, and I’ll do my draft on a weeknight at/around 10 PM Eastern. That way, west coasters- and east coasters willing to stay up till midnight- can do my draft; east coasters unwilling to do so can be in your league.

But that’s just a suggestion; we should probably get people to suggest when they’d prefer the draft time to be, and see what kind of compromise we can get.

Count the Panama Hummingbirds in for John’s league.

I’m on EST, BTW. 10 PM would be OK.

Damn, I wish I could have dibs on Panamanian players . . .
at least some of them.

I wouldn’t have a problem switching league to league2 if someone new prefers the draft time of league1. (Plus I might not be a duplicate team name there, hehe). If someone requests it, cool, but for now its a lot easier to stay put.

I am in League Two with the glorious name: Houston Freeloaders. :smiley:

If people in league1 want a live draft, how does Sunday, March 18, 2PM (Eastern) sound?

Zev Steinhardt

Cecil’s Fielders are back and promising to do better than last year.

And I’m in the much cooler John Corrado league. :smiley: