Fantasy football general discussion

I’m hopeful, but it sounds like it might have the same flaw as the roster locking system where the first game to kick off for the week puts everyone in the league on waivers, meaning you’d have to make your MNF decisions on Sunday morning or, later in the season, Thursday evening. That was my primary motivation in coming up with an alternative to the roster locking solution in the first place. I’ll poke around when I have some time to see what the free options are; by all means post here if you find one that sounds good.

I suspect the keeper league will (justifiably) resist change, but the All-Pro and auction leagues could try out the new stuff. I think using an auction-style waiver wire in the auction league is about as much of a no-brainer as you’ll find.

I found Jimmy’s draft order idea, though it wasn’t easy. It was impervious to logical search terms like “random”, “draft” and “order”. “Sequence”?! C’mon, Jimmy, yer killin me! heh.

[post=8828391]How do I (randomly and fairly) determine my FF league’s draft order?[/post]

So simple and so effective. The two players first send you their respective lists via PM or email, then you post the results along with the original lists. That way the two players can see their original lists, preventing any possibility of tampering by a shady commish. (Speaking generally; not that you’re shady.)

To perfect it, you’d contact the two submitters privately so they wouldn’t know who the other was and therefore couldn’t collude with each other. You’d also want to only ask those two players for lists. (A shady commish could gather up a half dozen draft orders in private and only post the most favorable one.)