Fargo Season 5 discussion (Starts 21NOV2023)

Yeah, the possibility that maybe he is a 500+ year old sin eater was an unanticipated twist.

(And yes, that was a very frustrating cliff-hanger.

If any show can pull off a “500 YEARS EARLIER” intertitle, it’s Fargo.

And it would be some serious poetic TV irony if Steve Gator winds up eating the pointy end of the nail bat.

I keep seeing him as Reverend Richard Wayne Gary Wayne. If we find out Roy is keeping Mole Women locked up in an underground bunker at his compound, I don’t think I’d be terribly surprised.

Are the first 4 seasons available for viewing anywhere? Seems like I watched them a hundred years ago.

Thru Hulu for sure

I had to look up this reference. Clearly The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt was not about what I thought it was about. I always thought it was a “New Girl” type of comedy.

I certainly got a flashback to when Richard Thomas was on Night Gallery in the episode The Sins of the Fathers. When they started showing that, at least I knew exactly where they were going with the story, although I wish they would have chosen a different path.

I’m expecting Chekov’s Sledgehammer to come into play when they bust into the house.

Well, this is a show that, in S.2 I believe, featured a flying saucer that, apropos of nothing, appeared in the aftermath of a bloody shootout, hovered for a few seconds over the scene and took off; and the two cops present who witnessed it basically shrugged and went ‘huh’. So, there is definitely precedent for weirdness with this show.

There has also been a rain of fish, a ghost, and a limbo bowling alley.

absolutely - its a feature, not a bug.

Oh yeah, totally forgot about that other stuff.

Of those weird things, rains of fish have actually been known to happen IRL. Though it does have a certain biblical quality that fits right into Fargo.

The thing to keep in mind is that the series is supposed to be based on some book about the history of crime in the area - so, unreliable narration and all is built right in.

Found it - The History of True Crime in the Mid West | Fargo Wiki | Fandom

“I know hun, but we gotta go”

(Peggy to Ed upon the shootout with the cops at the hotel and observing a UFO hovering over the scene)

Skipped S4 after not caring for S3 and reading 4 was a lot worse. Loving this so far.

John Hamm, for me, is either Don Draper or a mix of Richard Wayne Gary Wayne and Liz Lemon’s boyfriend. Gator is great too.

An ummm achktually nitpick - the HK416 is the military/select fire version of the rifle and wouldn’t be for sale. The civilian version would me the MR556. I guess if a customer asker for the 416 the vendor would know what they meant though.

Any one else catch the multiple scenes with The Shining soundtrack?

Well, at least she didn’t ask for a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

It just occurred to me today that the sin-eater’s name is “Munch”. :slightly_smiling_face:

Except that if Gator is the Sheriff’s son then isn’t Dot his Mom? So I’m thinking she won’t want to see him get hurt. And he probably thinks that bringing her home is going to end well. :sigh:

My guess is that’s why he’s stealing all the evidence that includes her. He’s trying to keep his mother out of prison. He may believe she deserves some sort of punishment for leaving him, but he doesn’t want strangers in charge of it.

I think Gator is the sheriff’s son by an earlier wife, so Dot is his stepmother.

That was my impression as well