Favorite brand of Ginger Ale

Lucky. I have to either go about 500 miles or have it shipped. Shipping from the Ale-8-One plant isn’t cheap. It’s cheaper than the trip, but it’s still not cheap.

Nah, it’s the same. However, make sure you have it out of a can or 2-liter in my experience. If the first sip doesn’t make you hiccup or sneeze, it’s not right. :slight_smile:

Reed’s by miles.

Vernor’s!

Vernors, of course.

This!

Michigan represent! :smiley:

I don’t like Ginger Ale but I voted Canada Dry because for the most part, whenever I drink Ginger Ale it’s Canada Dry. I don’t really dislike GA but I definitely don’t like it and would never order it myself. Apparently the people I know who have given me GA over the years mostly like Canada Dry so who am I to argue?

I find Polar to make a fairly good ginger ale, though to be honest I don’t really think about it but just drink it. They do also make an interesting green tea ginger ale, which I’ve only found in 1-L bottles.

If I’m going all craft-style and getting something sold as a small single bottle, I actually prefer a ginger beer.

Stop n Shop used to carry [about 10-15 years ago some brand that had a ‘Golden Ginger Ale’ that was quite good, but it did not come in diet. Not sure what brand it was but it was quite good.

I use gingerale for upset digestion, or when I am sick with a cold. Sort of a childhood comfort thing =) along with chicken noodle soup, tea with lots of honey and lemon, and hot gingered lemonade.

I have grown up on Vernor’s, and it is canon in my life.

A 6 pack of Blenheim made its way into my Yankee life and I have to say a) I really like it b) It is strong c) it made my face all flushed d) It’s a great mixer.

Dude, add Vernor’s to your poll. It’s not complete without it.

I voted “Scweppes” but it should be noted that South African Schweppes might not be like everyone else’s Schweppes.

But if the OP had permitted inclusion of the far superior Ginger ***Beer ***in the poll, I’d have voted for Stoney

Although if small manufacturers *were *allowed, I’d have voted for Frankie’s.

Reed’s Ginger Brew.

Vernor’s

I went to my local Kroger’s today & found both Buffalo Rock & Red Rock brand ginger ale. The Buffalo Rock is very good, but I do believe it’s the Red Rock that I remember from my childhood. It seems to have more bite to it.

Thanks for this thread!

Yep. Vernor’s all the way.

Anyone try Blue Sky? It’s my crack.

I’m surprised that I started this poll, and I’m in the 3.5% minority that prefers Seagrams. Canada Dry is a decent substitute, but Schweppes is awful. It tastes like they burned it.

I looked for Vernor’s at the supermarket yesterday, but they don’t carry it. Maybe they don’t ship to northern NJ? I’m a lifelong soda drinker and I’ve never seen it before, which is why it wasn’t included in the poll. If I had to do this poll over again, it would surely be there.

That’s not bad. Don’t they use cane sugar for that (and all Blue Sky beverages?)

I should have also mentioned in my earlier post that I only drink diet ginger ale, so my preferences are probably not valid.

Hansen’s is also good. It’s another cane sugar product (it’s not my favorite, but it’s still tasty). You could probably order either online.

-XT