Favorite scary, bloodcurdling quotes?

[QUOTE=Malodorous]
This is fun, in a morbid sort of way, good for the halloween season. Here’s some more I thought of:

"Eatherly never stopped having nightmares about what he had done. “He said he could feel those people burning.”

-Brother of Claude Eatherly, who chose Hiroshima as the site for the dropping of the first atomic bomb. Taken from the last line of his obituary

Actually, Claude Eatherly was a fraud/nutcase who only claimed to have been the guy who bombed Hiroshima. It was actually Col. Paul Tibbetts, who commanded the Enola Gay and who doesn’t seem to have ever lost a moment’s sleep over it.

Eatherly was a cause celebre back in the 60’s when, to quote Bernard Levin in The Pendulum Years, “Shortly after {Hiroshima} he had repented of his part in it, and for the rest of his life sought expiation by demanding, and getting, punishment. This he had achieved by taking to a life of petty crime and mental breakdown; in and out of prison and hospital, he wandered through the world, a self-created Ishmael, taking the burden of man’s terrible sin on his own shoulders.”

He was believed by millions, and his made-up claims were even the subject of a best-selling book, Burning Conscience, written by a guy named Gunter Anders, which depicted him as a latter-day Christ figure. Anders, to put it mildly, skimped somewhat on his research, unquestioningly believing everything Eatherly told him. The whistle was finally blown by an author named William Bradford Huie, in a book called The Hiroshima Pilot.

To quote Levin again “…Huie’s version of the Eatherly myth, though it disposed of it, was not thought, in the circles in which Anders’ version had had the force of scripture, quite comme il faut: some journals that had been keenest on the earlier version thought it better not to discuss the later, and to this day there are certainly many thousands, and possibly millions, who remained convinced that Major Claude Eatherly bombed Hiroshima and thereafter regretted having done so…”

And my quote? “The only rights you got are the rights to shut up and do as you’re told.” Judge Dredd {the original comic, not the awful movie}

“Overhead, one by one, the stars were going out.”

Umm, IMDB says it’s

“You smell that? Do you smell that?.. Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn’t find one of ‘em, not one stinkin’ dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like… victory. Someday this war’s gonna end…”

All my favourites have already been mentioned annoyingly.

I assure you I posted the quotes in the least annoying way I could!

“His mind was crowded with memories; memories of the knowledge that had come to them when they closed in on the struggling pig, knowledge that they had outwitted a living thing, imposed their will upon it, taken away its life like a long satisfying drink.” - Lord of the Flies, William Golding

And guess what I have to read for English class? Ugh.

Even a man who’s pure in heart
And says his prayers by night,
May become a wolf when the wolf bane blooms
And the moon is full and bright.

From The Wolf Man. I thought it was from Frankenstein Meets The Wolf Man, but I guess not. Either way, I’ve always liked it.

Homo hominem lupus” Man is a wolf to man
“God is on our side”

Winston Churchill wrote a letter to the Emperor of Japan to inform him of Britain’s declaration of war. He signed the letter with the traditional diplomatic flourish, “Your obedient servant, Winston Churchill.” Some of his advisors thought that was a little too obsequeous, considering the situation.

Churchill replied, "When you are going to kill a man, it costs you nothing to be polite.
My favorite Patton quote is “No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. Wars are won by making the other son-of-a-bitch die for his country.”

Interesting, though for the record my quote doesn’t claim that Eatherly bombed Hiroshima (I actually met Tibbetts once in grade school), only that he choose the location. I found this article here that claims he piloted the Straight Flush which scouted out Hiroshima before the Enola Gay dropped the bomb, this more or less fits the citation from my quote. Here’s a story from the Harvard Gazette that more or less colaborates this story, details his various mental problems and discusses various theories about whether or not they actually stemed from guit over the Hiroshima incident.

Finally the Amazon.com review of Burning Conscience also seem to agree that the book only claims Eatherly piloted a scout plane that gave the Enola the go ahead to drop the bomb, not that he piloted the Enola itself.

An interesting case, I’ll do some more research later if I have time.

Almost anything Tommy Di Vito says in Goodfellas.
" But, I’m funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I’m here to fuckin’ amuse you?"
Joe Pesci, as Tommy Di Vito. He had his character fuckin’ nailed.
Peace,
mangeorge

I recognize it, but I can’t place it. Help, please?

The odd thing is, even without being able to name the source, it gave me shivers when I saw it.

My favorite terrifying quote-

“When you have no light to guide you,
And no one to walk beside you,
I will come to you,
I
Will
Come
To
You.”

Hansen, I Will Come To You

When that hitman in The Sopranos sez the the car saleslady:* “My face will be the last one you’ll ever see”*

The Nine Billion Names of God, by Arthur C Clarke.

Gigglesnort.

*My eye’s are blind, but I can see.The snowflakes glisten on the tree,the sun no longer sets me free.I feel the snowflakes freezing me. *

Ozzy Osbourne (Black Sabbath Vol.4) “Snowblind”

He sings of cocaine addiction. It curdles my blood because I’ve seen a few friends fall to this addiction (among others).

Enter Sandman, by Metallica

For that matter, all of Ozzy’s solo lyrics. Example, Diary of a Madman lyrics:

“…a sickened mind and spirit
the mirror tells me lies
could i mistake myself for
someone who lives behind my eyes
will he escape my soul
or will he live in me
is he trying to get out
or trying to enter me…”

Actually, a closer translation might be "I am Time, the Destroyer of Worlds. Substituting “death” for “time” is a rather liberal translation, but that’s no surprise coming from Oppie.

However, I can’t read Sanskrit, and am not a linguist, so I could be totally FOS.

http://www.bhagavad-gita.org/Gita/verse-11-30.html