Favourite Fake Bands

The Nazgul. Armageddon Rag was one kick-ass album.

Damn shame, what happened to their lead singer.

Does anyone remember Zit Remedy and their hit “Everybody Wants Something”?

The Flintstones had a second Elvic rock star – Fred was dubbed ‘Hi Fi’, and went on a lengthy tour, complete with a Colonel Tom-esque manager.

Also, IIRC, the Beatles parody group that drove the Hatrocks out of town were ‘The 4 Insects’.

One of the Mosquitoes (from Gilligan’s Island) was played by Les Brown, Jr., son of the big-band leader.

Zorak and the Original Way-Outs

Y’know, there was one episode of Tiny Toon Adventures that had a trio of roaches (Maggie, Terre, and Suzzy) doing a concert in Hampton Pig’s kitchen. I thought they were a really funny idea.

Imagine my surprise when I found out that The Roches are a real band…

Here are some screenshots.

The Pinheads in Back to the Future.

The Beets, featured on the classic show Doug.
“I need more allowance yodelaydewho
I need more allowance yodelaydewho
why? because I do.”
:smiley: :smiley:

My first exposure to TMBG (They Might Be Giants) was on that show. Their Dvd has the videos. :smiley:

p.s. “Battersea Powerstation” brings to mind the movie called Rock n’ Rule, but that isn’t it. I am so not cool. :frowning:

Ziggy Stardust?

Am I really the only person here who as seen Button Moon and can remember “The Hot Spots”?

The yet to be seen Weird Sisters from the upcoming Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire movie.

Apparently, the Weird Sisters consist of songwriter/lyricist Jarvis Cocker (of Pulp) along side Phil Selway and Jonny Greenwood (Radiohead).

Anything with Jarvis in it has to be great.

Whilst Jem (the cartoon one) and the Holograms were truly outrageous my vote goes to The Misfits (the cartoon ones).

Otis Day and the Knights were initially a fake band.

The Neptunes. Gotta give’em props - back in the day, putting a Shark on drums would’ve gotten you booed out of most venues, especially in the South. But they were progressive, man.

[nitpick]Armageddon Rag is the book. Music to Wake the Dead is the album.[/nitpick] :smiley:

Sy Snootles and the Max Rebo Band. :smiley:

Also, The Blues Brothers.

Color me very surprised that it wasn’t until post #52 that Stillwater was mentioned.

Great thread.

Was “That Thing You Do” the “Wonders” or the “One-ders”?

Wasn’t it a joke in the movie that someone called them the “o-need-ers”.

(by the way, I’m very psyched no one had posted Sy Snootles)

Crucial Taunt’s Ballroom Blitz is is heavy regular rotation if I have anything to say about it.

How about Driveshaft, from Lost.

“You all everybody…”

Hard Core Logo!

Steel Dragon, baby! \m/