Fedex can kiss my hairy yellow butt

An open letter to Fedex:

Let me start by saying I thought you were better than UPS (and that is not saying much).

You bastards. I have 3 problems with your service.

1. Where the hell do you get off taking my package with you when I am not home. LEAVE IT. It won’t get stolen. If I have to fill out a stupid form, fine I will. But why do you feel it is necessary to piss me off day after day by leaving your “calling card” on my door handle. Thanks for adding insult to injury.

2. Uhhhh why is it that you are delivering a package TO A RESIDENCE at 9:55 a.m.? Do you think I don’t work? Are you trying to avoid me? Here is a little tip: Most Americans between the ages of 18 and 65 are doing something during the hours of 7 to 6. It is called work. Use a little common sense and come back at 4 or 5. Gee, maybe then you could get someone at the door, dumbass.

3. Ummmm here is a biggie with me. If you are going to leave your damned “calling card” WRITE LEGIBLY. I CANNOT READ A CARBON THAT HAS BEEN MANGLED AND CROSSED THROUGH. It would really help me out if I could track the package on your website, but, noooooooo, you have to write like a 4 year old who just picked up his very first “safety pencil”. Thanks for nothing.

Finally what convenience do you think it is to me to come pick up my package (which you are supposed to deliver, that’s your job right?) in BUM FU** EGYPT!!! I don’t really want to drive 20 miles outside city limits to get something you were supposed to HAND to me.

You know I always thought the US Postal Service was all the things you hear people bitch about. But you know what? I never have had an issue with the USPS and packages (maybe I am lucky).

I feel much better now.

Interesting first post topic! Welcome and…do you really have a hairy yellow butt? :eek:

One would think that Stewie would be able to orchestrate a death ray to annihilate the Fed Ex employee if he or she were to ring the bell and leave without delivering the package.

I guess that boy just ain’t right.

I like FedEx.

Pie too.

I like that my package stays “safe” on their truck if they don’t give it to me at my house.

I like that I can pick up the freakin’ thing if I get home at 5 and discover I’ve got their note! (Thanks for nothing, UPS and USPS!)

I like sticky notes on my front door telling me that there is packaged goodness on its way to me!

More Pie.

FedEx (in my highly regarded opinion) is the worst anal-wart in the industry. They take your shit, charge you a fortune, charge a fortune more for “insurance”, bust your shit up or lose it, deny any claim or responsibility, then send you to collections when you dispute the fortune they billed you.

As shipping manager here in my little slice of heaven, I think they suck.

Fagjunk Theology: Not just for sodomite propagandists anymore.

I like pie too. Pecan is my favorite. I like getting package goodness.

I DON’T LIKE COMING HOME AND SEEING THAT I MISSED SAID PACKAGED GOODNESS.

To quote Charlie Brown: arrrrrrghhhh!!!

Hairy yellow butt? Are you a Simpsons character, Griffin name or no? Simpsons characters usually don’t have hairy butts though.

When you ship something Fed-Ex, you have the option of no signature, which means your friendly (and usually hot) Fed-Ex guy will leave it behind. Perhaps you could call the office and arrange to change the status to no sig?

I feel exactly the opposite: I HATE it when delivery drivers just leave the package inside the screen door. I paid good money for that, and I don’t like having it available for just any old stinkard to swipe.

I’m uncomfortable with their habit of leaving packages with the neighbors. That’s taking quite a liberty.

I HATE them for leaving packages at my uncle’s house; just because he has the same last name I do doesn’t mean he’s responsible for my property, even if I do happen to live five miles further along the road.

I HATE them for trying to deliver packages to my home, when those packages are clearly addressed to my P.O. Box. “We don’t deliver to P.O. Boxes,” they say. I say, “If you won’t deliver a package as it is addressed…don’t accept it!”

I hate these guys…

Trinopus

I sent a package with Fed-Ex and I insured for $5,000. They lost it. So I said pay up. What did I get back? Prove the value. WTF?!? It contained computer with some special software on it. The price was what we sold it for. As for a receipt. Well here deep in the bowles of a large company receipts don’t exist. Just pissed me off. You took the F***ING insurance money without proof right? Pay up!

In my experience, Fedex has been the best about shipping quickly and with no damage, and will leave the package at your door if you leave a note requesting it. UPS actually delivered a package of mine to the WRONG ADDRESS (a house up the street from me). They also tend to be cheaper than UPS for smaller items.

Dear Peter,

We received yor letter, thanks. The first thing you should realize is that each Fed Ex driver is an independent contractor for Fed Ex Company. We are our own businessmen/women. This is unlike UPS or USPS. To answer you specific questions;

1. "Where the hell do you get off taking my package with you when I am not home. LEAVE IT."
    Leaving a package without a customer signature is called a ‘driver release’. We are allowed by our contracts with Fed Ex to driver release a package ONLY if the situation meets very specific criteria. Perhaps yours did not. In that case, we leave a ‘door knocker’ (note) stating when we missed you. The door knocker has a clearly marked area for you to sign, so that we may leave your package when we return tomorrow. We did not get paid for the first attempt at delivery, so we will be back. If we driver release a package that gets lost, stolen, wet, etc, if the situation did not meet EVERY criteria for that release, we instantly lose that claim. Money out of my next week’s check.

2. "Uhhhh why is it that you are delivering a package TO A RESIDENCE at 9:55 a.m.? Do you think I don’t work? Are you trying to avoid me?"
    We pretty much deliver to the address printed on the label. Random deliveries invoke chaos.
    "Here is a little tip: Most Americans between the ages of 18 and 65 are doing something during the hours of 7 to 6. It is called work. Use a little common sense and come back at 4 or 5. Gee, maybe then you could get someone at the door, dumbass."

I have 120 stops to make. Beginning at 5:00pm, I would get done at 3:00am. That makes me very tired, and irritates most people when I ring their bell past midnight. If you work during the day, you may have your packages sent to your work address. I can deliver to businesses, also.

And ‘dumbass’ just hurts. I’m just a guy that drives a truck and hands boxes to people. I’m not out to get you.

1. "WRITE LEGIBLY."
    Some peoples’ penmenship sucks. Yours does not.

2. "Finally what convenience do you think it is to me to come pick up my package (which you are supposed to deliver, that’s your job right?) in BUM FU EGYPT!!"**
    If you don’t want to drive to the terminal, located in Bum Fucking Egypt, (and probably surprisingly close to a major highway), then don’t. When you are on the phone with the terminal manager discussing this, just say “Get my package to me today. End of story.” We will. Even if the janitor has to bring it to you.

Since we are indepependant contractors, our routes our very valuable to us. And, they can be taken away due to complaints. If you leave a note for your driver stating what to do with all packages, he/she will do it.

Sincerely,
Fed Ex Contractor

I get packages delivered to me by both FedEx and UPS several times a week. No complaints about either. Of course,

(1) I live out in the middle of East Nowhere and have a standing order for them to leave packages on my enclosed front porch;
(2) My packages are almost all paper manuscripts, pretty hard to damage;
(3) The packages are billed to clients, so I have nothing to do with billing except putting the right number on the airbill.

My only (minor) gripe is that a while back, FedEx changed my pickup call deadline from noon (same as UPS) to 10 am. After that, I have a local UPS dropoff deadline of 3 pm, but for FedEx I have to drive 80 miles round trip to the box. You can bet that for Fed Ex I have packages ready the night before, but I’d rather have the slack time for last-minute work. I’ve been able to scream along on packages destined for UPS until 2 pm and still got them finished in time for the local drop.

Now if you want to gripe about :mad: AIRBORNE :mad: . . . (They’ve actually gotten better since the ancient moron driver I used to have apparently either retired or died, and I haven’t had to use them as a client shipper for a long time.)

Now, that is a great first post! :smiley: Wonderful stuff, Tragically Dip. Please don’t be a stranger!

Tragically Dip.

Welcome to the BBQ Pit.

Now thank you soooooo much for your refreshing and astonishingly fast reply to my OP. I am sooooo happy that you cleared up my “misunderstanding” on the whole Fedex policy.

HOWEVER

This wasn’t addressed directly at the drivers or at you. It was directed at Fedex, whom I cannot stand, not you, whom I do not know.

I mean c’mon, dude, YOU wouldn’t be a little pissed off if you kept on missing packages?

Oh yeah, I know you stick to a route and want to get home and all that but you are providing a service to a CUSTOMER. And remember, the customer is always right…:wink:

Boy, Tragically Dip, logic and reason in the Pit. It can’t be!

Great post. Obviously you’re on the inside!

Now, about that Amazon order I’m waiting for… :smiley:

:eek: :eek: :eek: PPLLLLLLLEAAAAASSSEEEEEE tell me thats true. Every time I get a package theres a freaking problem. Can I seriously demand they pick up/drop off the package on the date of ther estimated dropoff/pick up time?!

Trust me, buddie! You’re screwed:( ! As someone who has “been there, done that” I can tell you that you ain’t gettin’ nothin’ but a huge run-around and a lousy check for $100 with a “sorry we didn’t meet your expectations” note. Fuck you, FedEx!

I thought that FedEx Ground drivers were independent contractors, and the other FedEx drivers (overnight) were FedEx employees.

Anyone?

When you order, be sure and tell the company from whom you are ordering that it’s okay to leave the package. I can’t remember what it’s called right now, but there is a space on their airbill that they mark which lets the driver know he can just drop it off.

Similarly, if you do get one of those annoying door hangers, a call to the local fedex office and you simply telling them to mark the “go ahead and leave it on the door” spot will bring them back even if you ARE at work and they’ll go ahead and leave it.

I don’t work for FedEx, but our company uses them all the time and our admin goddess taught me these things :smiley:

TD, you want to ring in on my problem since the delivery company was Fed-Ex?