Feds 'black-bagging people' in Portland

Exactly what trump and bar wants- then they could declare a insurrection, suspend habeas corpus, delay the election, etc

International airports absolutely represent “borders.”

Yes, and as such, it would make sense to have CBP in airports.

I think the point is, though, that they have jurisdiction anywhere within 100 miles of an international airport.

And here, PPB point weapons at close range straight at protester’s faces–which, by the way is a Class C felony in Oregon, even if the weapon is unloaded and even if you didn’t know you were pointing it at someone. This guy knows he’s doing it and there is less than zero chance it’s unloaded and those are peaceful protesters. Cops are just pissed because they’re picketing the Union Hall. And this one’s fun–a cop smacks a phone out of a protester’s hand, which then cracks a window behind the cops so they declared a riot and went nuclear. They literally broke their own window in order to justify broken windows policing.

Looting, arson, racially motivated attacks and suppression of individual rights, vandalism, robbery, and murder in these urban areas are not peaceful protests. Again, local ‘leaders’ need to do their jobs instead of endorsing the violence and lawlessness. Do you really need to see all the videos and photographs of the destruction the ‘peaceful‘ protesters are responsible for?

Do you live here? No? Then why not STFU about things you literally know nothing about?

That is separate from the peaceful protesters. And it’s absolutely minuscule compared to the actual peaceful protesting. What’s happening here that’s so upsetting to so many of us is happening to peaceful protesters. I’m not worried about arresting criminals – I’m worried about brutalizing peaceful protesters. You’re on record supporting brutalization of peaceful protesters in Lafayette square, and the brutality in question for this thread is mostly against peaceful protesters in Portland. This is just the kind of brutality against peaceful people that you’re okay with, according to your posts.

Funny how those things happen away from where the police are watching protestors watching them back.

Yes, we’ve reached the point where the brownshirts say anyone who disagrees with them is an “anarchist.”

Oh the guy whose govt would lock up baseball players seen outside their Hotel 6 is here!

“We’ll leave the light on and the snitch-line open!!”

I kid friend…I kid.

\Meanwhile in Chicago

I like the one hitting the female biker on the ground with his baton, and the other one kicking her

(sarcasm off)

And yes, I know…at least they are dressed as cops.

Couple of things here:

1. CBP can operate anywhere to enforce immigration violantions and federal crimes
  2. CBP can perform warrantless search and detention within 100 miles of the border
  3. Portland is less than 100 miles from a border (the Pacific Ocean)
  4. As are 2 out of 3 American residents

So this situation is not so much “oh my god the cops have stopped following the law” and more of “oh my god here’s another giant loophole for Trump to abuse unaccountable power.”

I’ve been saying since Tulsa that he must be completely unaware of “Free Speech Zones”

Agree 100%.

Please direct your comments at those directing law enforcement to do all of these things.

What these actions amount to is the Trump Administration enacting “stop & frisk” harassment tactics.

If actual arrests are being made then we will soon learn what charges have been filed. Not sure there is reason to worry right now about disappearance of those detained. If that happens, surely that will become very apparent as well. At the end of the day, this will be something similar to the detention centers and child separations that blew up in their faces. Which is to be expected because the Trump Admin has never shown any competence in anything they’ve ever done.

How do you define “international airport”? Because there are a LOT of airports with “international” in the name, and some of them are dirt strips in remote areas. There are a LOT of airports with customs agents assigned to them at least part of the time. There are even more where customs agents will go if there’s a reason. And at every damn airport on the planet it’s possible that a plane from out of the country might land.

Declaring that anything within 100 miles of an airport gives C&BP some sort of jurisdiction means they have the run of the continental US, even thousands of miles from a land border or ocean.

I believe the term these days is “antifa” - 'cause the fascists hate people who are anti-fascist.

Well nevermind…Toronto just put the kibosh on the whole team

Please elaborate.

Specifically by whether or not they have customs and border controls facilities. That is the definition of what makes it an international airport.

Here’s the list

If you fly into the country, and don’t land at an international airport without some sort of extenuating emergency, you’re gonna be losing your pilot’s license, at the very least.

I agree. But then, I also don’t think that they should get the 100 miles from the border thing either.

I say they should have jurisdiction only on the property of an international airport, and say 5 miles from a border.

But they didn’t ask me.

Me? Blue Jays not alowed to play in Toronto