Feldenkrais?

Anyone have any experience with this method, positive or negative? A friend of mine just had a great treatment for a pinched nerve - one session, feels fine.

Is there any hard evidence that this stuff works?

I’ve done Feldenkreis, and I thought it was great, but I don’t think it’s the same as what your friend did. I did it in a class–it’s basically very gentle repetitive movements that retrain your muscles. It was very relaxing, and my posture was much better after a few weeks. I’d definitely do it again.

ME

If you are anywhere near Madison, WI, my employer, a hospital education center, is offering a free demo class on September 29.

Feldenkrais was briefly touched on in my kenesiology class, and one of my classmates did a report on it.

Basically, it’s a method of retraining a person to move their body in the easiest and most efficient way possible, which improves posture, and takes the strain of the body when doing things such as (this is only one example) getting up after sitting on the floor.

I’ve actually tried a couple of the movements, and it is a lot easier physically. The hard part is the mental discipline involved after you’ve become accustomed to doing things a certain way over the course of a lifetime.