Fellow SDMBers, I need your collective prayers, happy thoughts

Don’t worry, this is not a sad thread but hopefully one that will have a happy outcome.

Techs Mex started a thread in IMHO Do you think adopted kids are obliged to search for their biological parents? In which got a little heated – I am good at that kind of thing. :wink:

Anyhow, I emailed my intermediary that handles communications between birth parents and adoptees last night because it was too late to call.

She called and had to leave a message. Well I got off the phone with her not too long ago. She said my birth mother had called her about two months ago and wants contact with me, direct. OMG I am freaking out, this is too cool. I knew in my heart that she would eventually come around and want to know me.

I also found out she has told her whole family about me. This is even better because know I don’t fear that she will shy away as much from meeting me. I am not a threat anymore with regards to her parents.

The reason I want your prayers and happy thoughts is, since it’s been about two months since she contacted the intermediary (who no longer is in the intermediary program) I hope she hasn’t gotten cold feet over it.

I am greatful for any positive thoughts in advance!

< still shaking like a leaf over this, man this is one of the best things I have heard in all of my 32 years >

Best wishes Techie. I hope this goes well for you.

techchick this sounds absolutely great. She wants to see you, and you want to see her. Beautiful start to a meeting. Go in with an open mind and an open heart, and give her a big hug.

My thoughts and hopes are with you, it sounds like the prayer thing has been answered. I’d bet money that she hasn’t changed her mind, calling the intermediary was a HUGE thing, not taken lightly.

You’ve got it kid. Glad to hear good things are happening.

That is really cool.

Jim

As a birthmother with an open adoption, and also as an adoptee reunited, techchick, I most definitely wish you ALL the best!

Please feel free to email anytime. I’ve been through reunion, and would be more than happy to share my experiences with you!

((((techchick))))

Love, Cristi

Techchick…
Hugs your way:)

My cousin located the son she gave up for adoption about a year ago and I’ve seen her so happy.

Hope everything exceeds your expectations !

Good luck, techie! She most likely has NOT gotten cold feet, because she probably did an enormous amount of thinking before calling the intermediary, making sure it was what she really wanted to do.

That is too cool, TC. Good luck with everything and congratulations.

Good luck and best wishes.

Techie - Thats great. Best Wishes!

Thanks everyone.

I mentioned, over on Fathom, that I am kind of in shock over this. My thoughts are jumbled, my brain feels like it’s going a million miles an hour and I feel like I just snorted a bunch of cocaine (which I haven’t done since the early 90s.)

Oh, I sure hope that good comes out of this, I really do. It’s something that has been weighing on my brain for 14+ years…WOW, this is such a freakin trip!

I’m excited for you, techchick! I’m sending all my happy thoughts and prayers your way. I hope everything goes as expected or better!

TC, if you don’t mind sharing (if you already have, if you don’t mind sharing AGAIN) why did your mom give you up? (Feel free to say it’s none of my damn business which, of course, it’s not.)

Anyway, I’m sure she’ll love you. I want to say I understand your nervousness, but I don’t. I continue hoping that everything will work out for the very best and I remind you that we will fully expect details once you meet her. At least, I will. Again, best of luck to you. (And remember, you’re mom is probably feeling much of the same things you are.)

Silver, no problem.

She was 19 when I was born. She was dating a divorced 29 year old who “wanted to get rid of it.” She never told her family about me, up until recently apparently (I am 32 now).

I don’t know the exact reasons but from some of the stuff my intermediary was able to pull up (the intermediary is also a private investigator) I am glad I wasn’t raised by her alone. She’s a drunk (I know where I get it from) :wink: and has a violent streak, gee that’s where I get my nasty temper. Last arrest I know of is in a domestic dispute where she was brandishing a knife of some kind in 1995.

Don’t get me wrong, we all have our weird sides but with knowning certain things about her I am glad that she put me up for adoption at times. Other times it hurts because she felt she couldn’t keep me.

Over all I am happy with this news and I will be glued to the phone over the next few days to see if the intermediary program calls me back.

And of course, if and when this reunion materializes I will be creating a web page for you all to see. I can’t wait for my dad to get back in town (he’s in Egypt if I didn’t already say so) on the 16th.

< stay positive techie, think when not if, think when not if >

Great news TC!

I hope everything goes well for you. My thoughts will be with you.

warm fuzzies

Well, it probably was better for you anyway. And I’m happy for you that you’re getting this chance now. She’s going to love you, and she’ll be proud of you. She’ll be your mom. A little late, but she will be your mom.

Again, I want to thank Techs Mex for creating the thread. Even though I butchered the thread up (for that I apologize) if it weren’t for that thread I would not have contacted the intermediary today to find out this cool news! I am walking on clouds.

Hey that’s great news, techchick. I’m excited for you.

Your story has also made me feel a little more hopeful about my own search. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Lots of positive thoughts headed your way.

Great news.
I get tears in my eyes reading this.
All my best wishes for you.:slight_smile:

All right, Techie!!! You’re life’s about to get much more interesting. Let us know how things go.