Fictional supergeniuses

Johnny Depp in transcendence.

Peter Weyland in the Alien series.

Limitless, lucy, her.

Theres too many to list in comic books to list.

Any others that are interesting?

The original: Wile E. Coyote

You rang?

Megamind

Gru

Charlie, briefly.

There’s a former circus freak in The Paradox Men who pulls off the sorts of stunts that a speed reader with a photographic memory could maybe manage, and the novel keeps on circling back to whether there’s more to him than it seems…

I thought it was Charley.

Which is why it took me such a long time to figure out wth you were talking about.

ETA: Anyway, also Algernon, briefly.

A big problem with fictional supergeniuses is that they’re really hard to write, since their writers are generally not supergeniuses themselves. Which means they’re often just stated to be supergeniuses, without going into their thought processes at all. A few depictions that I think do an excellent job of actually showing genius in action:

Andrew “Ender”, Ender’s Game. Probably the best fictional depiction of a tactical/strategic supergenius I’ve ever come across.

Miles Vorkosigan, Barrayar, et al. Second only to Ender as a tactical/strategic military supergenius, and is also a political/social supergenius.

Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock. Of all his incarnations as a deductive supergenius, I think this depiction does the best job of really getting across just how smart he really is. The first episode, “A Study in Pink”, has an absolutely brilliant duel of wits that manages to play the Westley-Vizzini duel of wits from The Princess Bride as a straight, dramatic, genuinely tense scene.

Nathan Ford, Leverage. Ok, the show cheats quite a bit with flashbacks and retroactive cleverness, but still my favorite depiction of a supergenius mastermind.

Doc Savage.

Vizzini. Compared to him Plato, Aristotle, and Socrates are morons!

He was based largely on Philip Wylie’s The Savage Gentleman, from 1932.

Olaf Stapledon’s Odd John, 1935, is probably the classic science fiction supergenius.

Wilmar Shiras wrote a short story series that was collected into Children of the Atom, 1953, about kids who had been affected by radioactivity.

Poul Anderson’s 1954 Brain Wave outdoes them all. The premise is that Earth has been sitting in an intelligence-dampening cloud. Every person - and every animal - on the planet gets a brain boost.

Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dr. Horrible

Are you thinking what I’m thinking? The Brain, of course.

Basically, every single superhero. Even the stupid ones end up getting roped into fixing the fusion reactor or hacking into the NSA, because “everyone else is busy” or “everyone else has been kidnapped”.

But ignoring all of them, I would probably bring up Akira and Tetsuo, though they have an odd sort of supergenius. Emotionally they’re still normal people, and their genius is more about the basic nature of physics and the universe, less about how to go about actually manufacturing things. But it is an interesting (and significant) aspect of the story (particularly if you read the comic, since there’s a lot more content there).

Moriarty in the Sherlock Holmes books. Holmes says that he has “extraordinary mental powers” not just as criminal but as a mathematical genius:
“a brain which might have made or marred the destiny of nations . . . Is he not the celebrated author of The Dynamics of an Asteroid, a book which ascends to such rarefied heights of pure mathematics that it is said that there was no man in the scientific press capable of criticizing it?”

No love for Buckaroo Banzai?

Jack Brennan in Niven’s Protector.

Pretty much everyone in Real Genius.

Dexter, of Laboratory fame