First post with new username

Hello. I used to be cuautemhoc but now I’m rand 100. Mad props to TubaDiva for changing my username. I hereby promise to post more often.

Love,
rand

What’s the reason for the name change? Inquiring minds want to know, spill the Straight Dope!!

Turns out I’ve been spelling it wrong all these years. The name of the Prince of the Aztecs in the time of the conquistadores was “Cuauhtemoc”, not “Cuautemhoc”. Boy, did I feel stupid when I found out. Maybe it’s not a big deal, since Cuauhtemoc did not spell his name in Roman characters anyway. Still, I’ve been through a lot of changes in the last couple of years, and I felt it was time to leave the old name behind. Then last night, I was reading a Perl book and it just jumped out at me… rand 100. That wasn’t a fascinating story, but you did ask, so don’t blame me :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm. I saw ‘autem’ and ‘hoc’ and I thought it could have been some obscure Latin compound word.

rand 100, your story was so gripping i have claw marks on my chair!!!
(jk) :stuck_out_tongue:

DAMN YOU RAND 100!!!

You have made searches for “Ayn Rand” very difficult.

Oh no. Oh no! OH NOOOOOOO!!!

Ayn Rand never crossed my mind for one second when I was trying to decide on a new username! I absolutely CANNOT have people associating me with Ayn Rand in any way. I will have to give it some serious thought and beg TubaDiva to change it for me again. Dammit!

I think if you change it to rand_100 it won’t come up when people search for ‘rand’. Could be wrong.

That doesn’t solve my Ayn Rand problem. I want to completely remove “rand” from the equation. I have to think up a new name.

Not to be mean or anything, but when you choose your new name, pick something and stick with it please. We try and discourage the “new name a week” trend amongst the membership.

I know, Arnold Winkelried, and believe me I never intended to become a “new name every week” poster. I promise that if I ask to change my name again, it will be the last time.

Well I think since you’ve been here for about a year and a half it would be unfair to call you a new name a week person. If you don’t like rand 100, may I suggest “ayn 99”? :wink:

If you don’t like Cuauhtemoc, why don’t you go with Huitzilopochtli?

Or maybe Atlas S. Fountainhead?

Huh. There’s a coincidence, Colibri.

I played a game of Civ2 over the weekend as the Aztecs, and my leader’s name was Huitzilopochtli. I thought at the time how that would make a pretty good screen name.

[Huitzilopochtli Simpson]
Mmmm…human hearts…
[/HS]

Yeah, I thought of it as a screen name myself - the Southern Hummingbird, War God of the Aztecs - but decided it was a bit too bloodthirsty. “Colibri” is obscure enough.

How about Dnar_Nya?
:smiley: