First post

I stumbled on onto this site this morning so I thought I would join. I thought i would start out by sharing a painting I completed not long ago. Enjoy, I have others that you should be able to see on VIMEO [link removed]

Reported.

Reported? Am I not allowed to share a link? Sorry, my first post. If I did that in error I can remove it?

When your first post has a link to your own work/website, it looks like spamming.

That’s my bad. Sorry about that. I thought I would start out with something artsy LOL should have thought of that.

Welcome to the SDMB, canman23. As others have said, usually when someone posts a link to Vimeo or YouTube on their first post, they’re just trying to drive traffic elsewhere – so I’ve removed the link.

I’m splitting the difference, though, and not banning you as a spammer – hope you’ll stick around and get to know us! If you’d like to start a thread introducing yourself, our MPSIMS forum is the best place to do that.

twickster, Cafe Society moderator

Thanks for PMing me to allow an explanation. As I mentioned, it just saves the mods from getting 40 emails on the same subject.

Oops, meant to lock this – will do so now.