Flaked on Netflix [probably spoilers]

Anyone watching this new Netflix series with Will Arnett? First episode bored the shit out of me, but my wife liked it. Second episode grabbed my attention, but bored the shit out of my wife. By the third episode we had committed so much precious prime time viewing that we just had to keep going. I am neither glad I finished nor do I regret it.

My overall grade: C. Nothing grabbed me about it. What did strike me was how many hot young chicks Will Arnett wrote himself being attractive to. Sure he’s not bad, but COME ON! He’s in his mid 40s, and he’s got nothing but 20-somethings drooling over him? Again I say, COME ON!

Anyway, another largely forgettable series about people that you have a hard time rooting for identifying with, and that doesn’t know if it wants to be a comedy or a drama. There seem to be more and more of these types of shows on Netflix these days.

The ending was left wide open with no resolution, but oddly I don’t care if it even gets renewed. I seem to think I like Will Arnett, but I’ve yet to watch anything of his besides Arrested Development that I actually really like. Maybe I don’t like him as much as I think I do.

Anybody else watching this? Thoughts?

Who wouldn’t be attracted to him in that SIX THOUSAND DOLLAR SUIT?!

I watched a few episodes; it struck me as way too hipster for my liking. All the prominent shots of the road sign for Abbot Kinney Dr (the obscenely gentrified hip strip of Venice beach), the insufferable indie music and overall style. Couldn’t get into it. I only gave it a few episodes because I generally like Will Arnett a lot, but this one was a dud.

I watched it. I’m kinda over Will Arnett now.

Boring.