Flo, The Progressive Insurance Chick

I don’t find her at all attractive in a sexual way, but she has a retro/hip/quirky charm to her that’s hard to define.

Though I’ve seen the woman before, I was completely unaware she had a “strange allure”, or even a character name, until reading this thread.

In some of our “commercials you hate threads” I’ve seen people say that they find her sexy. There was also a thread a few months ago that asked something like: Celebrities that you find sexy that make your friends say WTF? She was mentioned in it too. Until then I would never have guess that there was anyone out there who thought she was attractive.

Uh…he’s a lizard. An English workingclass one. This means…uh. That when the cavemen eventually encounter him, their cat will stalk and eat him.

No, seriously, I got nuttin. I think I only deconstruct well when sexually aroused.

See, it’s even kind of mysterious for us smitten fellas–hence this thread. 'Cause she definitely does it for me, but when someone asks what’s so hot about her, I just can’t answer. When I step back and look at her analytically, I have to say she’s kind of funny-looking. But I’m still in love. And I don’t understand why. :confused:

She’s got Betty-and-Veronica-from -the-Atrchie-comics-eyes.
Take a look. They’re all dark and well-defined by heavy dark lines on the top, but not on the bottom.

Progressive:

http://www.austin360.com/tv/content/tv/stories/2008/10/Flo2.html

I have to agree with this. I’ve seen some of the Flo ads, but I really didn’t think that much of them either way. After reading this thread, I decided to look at the ads on Progressive’s official YouTube channel. Disregarding the fact that Flo appears to work in a supermarket in the Matrix that only sells insurance, she appears to be an enigmatic character. Her '50s-housewife hairdo and uniform give her an air of professionalism, yet her comedic sayings and Chuck Taylor tennis shoes give her a bit of a tomboy quality. She seems to be a character who has an air of authority- sort of a Madge the Manicurist or Josephine the Plumber type- yet she also seems to be a type of person who seems to be fun to be around. It’s a sort of character we haven’t really seen in advertising for years- the friendly, knowledgable spokesperson. I think this is part of her appeal- it gives Progressive an air of trust as well as a persona as “the friendly insurance company.”

Wow, you put a lot of thought into her and her character. I just want to bang her.

The attractions of Flo have apparently bypassed me. I want to know who the other woman is - the one who wants to buy a pair of shoes with the money she saves. I’m guessing she’s not Sarah Michelle Gellar although there is a resemblance.

I want to punch that guy in the face.

One of my friends was Flo for Halloween. Not everyone got it but I thought it was hilarious.

That would be Monica Creel, triplet sister of Leanna Creel who played Tori in “Saved by the Bell”

I originally thought it was Leanna, and as I consider myself fairly good with supporting actor/actress faces, have comforted myself with the fact that at least it’s her triplet sister . . .

You might remember them from “The Parent Trap III” where all three Creel sisters (Leanna, Monica, and Joy) continued the original Parent Trap series with a twist - instead of twins, they played triplets (which was a stretch for them . . .not!)

Having never seen The Parent Trap or Saved by the Bell, I wouldn’t have made the connection. Thanks for the information.

I think Flo’s attractiveness can be explained by two elements. The first is the actress’s cosmetics and costume are clearly meant to make her look slightly off-kilter, but the hint of considerable beauty shine through anyway; she has good skin and good bone structure.

The second is that her persona as Flo has a very engaging and amusing personality.

Flo’s what I think of as a synergy girl: the whole is considerably more than the sum of the parts.

One of my junior trainers is like that. Her physical beauty is nothing all tht impressive; she could never be a still model. But she is so engaging in person that people who actually meet her are always left with the impression that she’s the cutest thing in three states.

She’s reasonably pretty, very funny and quite approachable. I’d hit that.

"You nailed it! You’re pyschic!

What am I thinking right now??? :slight_smile:

Q

… doesn’t the burlap chafe?

It’s interesting that Flo is so appealing to so many men. I don’t find her “attractive” (compared to an average young television actress) but think she exudes sex appeal. She isn’t conventionally flirtatious or erotic.

Her breasts and ass are effectively camouflaged, presumably on purpose.
She is very enthusiastic.
She is extremely spontaneous.
She’s a little mussed up looking.
Her social position is low (retail clerk.)
Her name does suggest menstruation.
She wears white.

I don’t understand exactly how all those factors work together, but it seems as though she would be willing, wild, and not out of my league.

I’ve seen a set of coasters that feature images of “perfect homemakers” from 1950’s adverstising. One of them is captioned: I"m happy… yet I’m aware of the ironic implications of my happiness.

Flo appears aware of the ironic implications of her happiness, but unlike a lot of ironists (say… Dave Letterman) there’s no negativity, or superiority, or eye rolling. The absurdity speaks for itself. The “tricked out nametag” type remarks really do come off as happy.

I salute the combined work of the writers, director, and actress.

Me too. Mainly, I just want a quick roll in the hay with her. Without messing up the bouffaint, of course.

Heck, I’m half in love with her, and I’m a married woman. She’s just awesome.

She reminds me a little of my friend, who’s totally cute too. I might tell her that this afternoon.

No, Pinky.