Font Installing Problem

Hello!

I am having a problem downloading the LeedsUni font (http://www.personal.leeds.ac.uk/~ecl6tam/). When I put it in my Fonts folder, its contents goes completely blank, as if the font glyphs had been erased. Anybody know how to solve this?

Thank you,
Jorge

Since the files are True Type I assume you are running Windows?! I don’t think you can simply copy font files to the font folder. You have to install them. Go to “Control Panel / Fonts” Click on the “Install New Font” from the “File” pull down menu. The rest should be obvious

P.S. The link you provided doesn’t work with parentheses around it :wink:

Thank you!

You can copy font files straight to the fonts folder and it will invoke the font installation process (you even see a little progress bar pop up). What you can’t do is drag them out of a zip file directly into the fonts folder, or (I think) download them directly to that location.

Cool, is that unique to XP. Can it be done in 98 too?

(P.S. keep an eye out for my food question)

It must work in 98, because I have about 500 fonts and I have never “installed” a one. They usually are downloaded into my docs folder and then I cut and paste (or maybe copy, it’s been a while) them into the fonts folder.

Yes, in fact I think you can unzip/download directly to the C:\Windows\Fonts folder in Win98. XP runs a tighter ship on that sort of thing, however.