Food/beverages you like that have been discontinued

Talk about the food or beverages that you enjoyed as a kid, that they no longer make!

Big John’s Beans ‘n’ Fixin’s, which was discontinued for unknown reasons. It had a lot of fans. I often took a batch to pot lucks. I still crave me some.

I remember one company used to make these frozen meat & gravy pouches you could heat up and then pour over toast to make hot turkey sandwich.

Also McDonalds used to offer a chicken fajita that I really liked.

rally bar, hersheys version of baby ruth

reported for forum change

Snow’'s clam crisps.

Grapefruit Tang. It came out when I was a kid and our family LOVED it! And then POOF! It was gone. We kept looking for it in the grocery stores, but never found it again. For years I would search for it, but alas.

It was my first experience with the aching disappointment of a lost love.

Mission brand macaroni and cheese. It’s fake powdered cheese was a lot sharper when most others were trying for creamy.

The McSkillet burrito at McDonald’s was the best thing on their breakfast menu. The sausage burritos they have now are a pale comparison.

NM

Yes! I remember those back in the 70’s. Then they just disappeared:(

That and Powerhouse, Peanut Butter no Jelly bar, Milkshake, and Chocolite. All great candy bars they don’t make anymore.

Me, I wish they still made Weber beer, Augsburger beer, and Kingsbury (the best cheap beer ever made).

It’s not a food, but during my 1970s US Army days I preferred a shaving cream that emerged HOT from the can! It was soon discontinued. I suppose it was carcinogenic or something weak like that. Spoilsports.

Danish-Go-Rounds. Why they didn’t blow Pop-tarts off the shelves, I’ll never understand.
Team Flakes
best cereal ever. Only problem was they got soggy almost before the milk hit.

Cherry 7-Up
Bacon-flavored Cheetos

Mrs Smiths frozen mince pie. My mom used to serve this every Thanksgiving and a piece Ala mode was incredible. I recently found out they no longer make this.

:confused:

They still make that. We bought a 12 pack of diet cherry 7-up about 2 weeks ago.

Tahiti Treat soda pop. I’m not a big fan of sodas other than Coke and Pepsi, but I did love Tahiti Treat. Hard to pin down exactly what its flavour was, but whatever it was, I liked it. And it is no longer available locally.

They were very similar to Product 19 which they also stopped making. :mad:
Speaking of cereal, my brother always talks about one we had as kids in the early 70’s called Ooboperoos. It was blueberry flavored and had a blue kangaroo for a mascot. I can’t find anything online about it, and just a short blurbed on Tophers.

-O’Boises Potato Chips
-Pepsi Blue
-Pepsi Jazz

They still make Cherry 7-Up, what are you talking about?

Moderator Action

Moving thread from IMHO to Cafe Society, our home for discussions about the enjoyment of food, even foods that are no longer available.

Jolt Cola
&
Coca Cola with the original coca