Foods you ate as a kid

Mark,
They DO still make those fizzies…check out: http://www.hometownfavorites.com
enter the store
and go to the “candy” section. Enjoy!
Zette

A friend is someone who likes you even though you’re as ugly as a hat full of assholes.
Zettecity

Krispy,yes! I remember fondly the pot pies! Also bugles. I Loved Fizzies. They were so awful. Especially the root beer ones.

A few months ago, I was ecstatic to find Quisp being sold at a local store. Yesterday, another store was selling FrankenBerry AND BooBerry! Bought 2 boxes of each. The joys of being a childish adult!

I’ll be there
Where I’ll teach what I’ve been taught
And I’ve been taught…

Lick 'n Dip candy-with the candy sticks that you, well, lick 'n dip into the powdered candy packets.

One more for the A&W count-Cortland, NY.

That nougaty, white chocolatey, nut bar you ate as a kid might be a Zero bar. I have no idea who makes em’ but my father ate one in Mexico once and said he found a few maggots in it. Yick, I never touch em’.

The best thing to do with Fizzies is to bypass the water and just stick em’ in your mouth. It looks like you’re having a seizure! Red ones work great for this. The best place to find em’ is at most Wal-Mart stores.

I never knew the true joy of Pixie Stix until I became an adult. It’s almost orgazmic, yet creepy somehow. However, now I call em’ SuperCool a la Upright Citizens Brigade.

Za’an kho’ku na tenshi no teeze. Kyoko Baby!

Boogers.

And the problem with small furry animals
in corners is that, just occasionally,
one of them’s a mongoose.
Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad

Yep, one can still get a refreshing root beer float at the A&W in Kingsport, TN. We had one here in the mall, about 20 miles north in Bristol, but it’s a jewelry store now.
We make them at home with Coke instead. I don’t like them much but it always seems like a good idea to make them. Maybe 'cause my mom thought they were disgusting and would never let me make one when I was a kid.

Peanut butter, mayonaise, and lettuce sandwich. Don’t knock it till you try it. A nice nutty, crunchy sandwich. In retrospect, they were sort of like a Thai salad.

Sandwitches, not a typo. We camped a whole lot and sand always seemed to get into everything. Basically take any sandwich and add a little sand. Don’t bit down too hard though.

Torgo-

I’d completely forgotten about King Vitamin. Fond memories of breakfasts with my brother… Thanks for prompting me to remember!

(singing)
King Vita-min…Have breakfast with the King!
(repeat ad nauseum)

(Where does our mind store this stuff?)

Stuff I ate as a kid that I can’t find anymore:

Sidewalk Sundaes (vanilla ice cream around cherry ice cream, dipped in chocolate, on a stick)
Some kind of kid’s TV dinners which included a packet of stuff to dump in your milk; sometimes chocolate or strawberry, but also unusual flavors like grape or orange or root beer
Slap Sticks (basically caramel on a stick with some kind of pink and yellow and white stuff swirled in it)
Marathon bars (caramel coated in chocolate; best eaten frozen)
Choco-lite (imagine styrofoam made with chocolate instead of polystyrene)
Some kind of candy bar that had a layer of dark chocolate, a layer of white chocolate, and a layer of milk chocolate

Stuff I ate as a kid that I will not eat now:

Spaghettios
Macaroni and cheese
Fried chicken. In fact, chicken in general, other than the “boneless and processed beyond all recognition” variety.
Fla-vor-ice

Ophanim:
Yes! You are a genius! They were Zero bars. I was drawing a complete blank on the name, and it was driving me nuts.

Of course, I was also working up a good, impossible nostalgic munchie for one, but the thought of maggots in one pretty much took care of that. :}

I think I’ll settle for good ol’ Reeses cups, or one of the frozen Girl Scout thin mints stashed in the freezer.

Veb

jane_says—you live in Bristol, Va? You (more than likely)live less than 30-45 minutes from me! This is the neatest thing!

I thought it was cool that TennHippie lives in Knoxville but I never fathomed that I would have a doper this close by!

(I’m not a crazy stalker, it’s just that I run into so few people around here with anything good to say and I get excited when I find one!) Welcome to the boards!

Born O.K. the first time…

If you are born again, do you have two belly buttons?