For Gaudere

How dare you be so calm, clear-thinking, empathic, and generally all-around pleasurable to read!? It really ticks me to see you coming up with measured, rational responses to other people’s comments, no matter how off-the-wall they may be. Nobody has any business being so insightful and humane at the same time. And all that compassion!

I was going to post something about the Fruit of the Spirit being love, joy, peace, kindness, etc. And here you go and show that an atheist can exhibit the same qualities! It’s just not fair!

You know, if you weren’t so lovable, you’d really tick me off!!

If anybody else is mystified by this, here’s the link: http://www.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000441.html

I’m just wating for andros to pop in and start kicking your goddamn asses because you’re all so fucking nice to each other !

Coldfire: second to none but Satan.

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

Oh yeah?? Well, Poly, I find your understanding and logical explanations of atheistic beliefs to be downright offensive. Why can’t you just imply I’m an idiot? The least you could do is tell me I’m going to burn forever in a a lake of fire! If I see one more calm, well-reasoned post defending the rights and beliefs of those who do not follow the exact same God and sect that you do, I think my eyeballs are going to shrivel up right in their sockets. How are atheists and theists supposed to keep sniping at each other when you continue to pull stuff like that!

Wheres Phaedrus?<ducking>…

Oh, get a room fer Chrissakes…

Yer pal,
Satan

First Place
Most Popular Poster of the 20th Century Competition
As overseen by Coldfire

Well, she IS awfully nice, for a Guiness-swilling elf.

(Sorry, G, but I’ve been giggling over that self-description-not for nearly two months now.)

Uke

Ya know Uke, I’ve snickered over that myself a few times. It’s a pretty apt description.

What do I believe in? Not much that isn’t explained by logic and scientific experiment. And, you better believe, I want to see the logic and the laboratory equipment.
–P.J. O’Rourke–

Sorry I’m late.

What the h-e-double hockey sticks is going on here?? Y’all are . . .

Aw, geez, cf. I tried. But it’s Polycarp and Gaudere.

I guess those two have earned the right to be froofy in the Pit.

Briefly.

-andros-

Ah, what the hell.

A pox on both of you, for being so civil while disagreeing so profoundly! What’s more, you can both go to hell (Poly) and Cleveland (Gaudere) for making me rethink all that spiritual stuff I thought I didn’t care about anymore. How dare you challenge my worldview? Not only do I hope there’s a God, but I hope She’s pink and horny!
OK, that last part came out a little weird. But you know what I’m talking about.

I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren’t for you meddling kids!

But Manny, I thought you were DSO – what would you want with a female pink horny god?

Polycarp:
Obviously it is the horn that interests him. :smiley:

Yeah, Polycarp and Gaudere are so disgustingly understanding, civil, and willing to see the best in everyone…doesn’t it just want to make you puke?

Worst of all, every time I get pissed at Lib, it makes me feel embarrassed that I’m not as understanding as they are…grrrr!!! The nerve of them to be such good examples! May God send them both to…to Blountville, TN for eternity! :smiley: <–(Note choice of grin!)

“It was Gatlinburg, in mid-July…”

Hey, Blountville makes Gatlinburg (or even Pigeon Forge) look like paradise!

%&#@ Polycarp - next thing we know, you’re going to clean up the #$&@! Pit, fer cryin’ out loud!

http://www.elnet.com/~sburch/sjbgrin.gif

How kissy-huggy do you think we can stand it down there, anyway?!