For the Horde!

Hee hee hee

(Note: World of Warcraft sillyness)

“I’ll own those newbs in Warsong tonight!”

dies

Don’t let supervenusfreak see this…

That is TOO funny.

That’s ridiculous!

Who doesn’t have at least enough skill in First Aid to use linen bandages? :slight_smile:

It might never come up, but if I’m ever in a car headed straight for a speeding tractor-trailer, or a plane about to auger into a cornfield, or I fall off a tall building and am about to become pavement pizza, my last words will be, “FOR THE HORDE!”

My fantasy football team name is always something humourous. This years team name is now going to be 4TheHorde.

It’s already printed out and taped up on the wall in our house, and my husband and I may or may not have already joking threatened each other, “I’LL SHOW YOU PVP, BITCH!”

Actually, that panel and the one immediately thereafter killed the comedy for me. Domestic violence is never funny. In the panel quoted, the guy raised a clenched fist. In the next panel, it appears the woman has a black eye. Kinda makes me wanna offer the guy some PVP against somebody that hits back…

The comic was originally an Alcoholics Anonymous tract from the 60s. It wasn’t intended as comedy at the time, though it’s gained a certain camp value since. The WoW dialogue was digitally added fairly recently…I think I first started seeing this making the rounds of guild and realm forums a month ago or later.

See, I read that, and thought, “Finally! Proof that domestic violence can be hilarious!”

:rolleyes:

Post all the “rolling eyes” smileys you want, lisacurl. Domestic violence is a hot button issue for me, as it’s something I deal with almost every single week. I see things that would scare the living hell out of most sane people. Because of my occupation, I’ve had my car vandalized more than once, had my share of death threats, and occaisionally feel it prudent to carry a weapon–which I’m allowed to do in my state.

If you seriously think that people might forget for one moment the difference between the gravity of actual domestic violence and the satire of this frickin’ comic strip, then, man, you need a vacation from that job.

You know what’s a hot button issue for me? People thinking that certain subjects are unworthy targets for humor. Either everything is a target for satire, or nothing is.

I really don’t know what you’re complaining about anyway. He goes out and commits suicide by car right after he punches his wife anyway. Would that every abuser felt such proper remorse.

It’s not that at all. It’s the choice of that particular image in an attempt at humor that I find in bad taste. I’d never support censorship of that work…well, on grounds other than copyright infringement…but it ain’t my cup of tea.

It’s not that at all. It’s the choice of that particular image in an attempt at humor that I find in bad taste. I’d never support censorship of that work…well, on grounds other than copyright infringement…but it ain’t my cup of tea. As the young gamers say, it suxxors.

Would that be a state of killjoy-osity?
[sub]zug zug[/sub]

To fight the Horde
Singin’ and cryin’
Valhalla I am coming!

http://users.wolfcrews.com/toys/vikings/

I posted that same link here a few days ago…but it didn’t work, and the thread died a miserable, lonely death, cold and unloved.

But it’ll be back as Forsaken in just a few days! “Trust no one!”

My penis!

…no, wait…I thought the title was “For the Whores”.