Forbidden Thread: Mafia V

I thought I’d be able to sub in after a week or two, but I find myself unable to join in. I can’t jump in to this game, it’s just too big and the thread’s too long. I think the only way I’d be willing to play again is if there were fewer players, or if there were some sort of way to ensure fewer posts without stifling gameplay. I admit to skimming an awful lot during M3.

Maybe someone would be willing to run a Mafia: Kinder and Gentler: We Really Mean It This Time version?

Hey, I’ve done plenty of skimming myself. As much as I’ve wanted to give this game the time that I normally would, modding it takes some of that time away, so I had to largely skim over the last part of Day One. I know that Day had a LOT of posts and was going quickly, but I suspect that it will slow down over the next Day or two and it will make it easier to follow.

FWIW, I’m still looking for a sub for ArizonaTeach; it’s open to whomever wants it.

See, this is the part that makes me laugh.

Heh, yea. Except for the part where I was trying to find out if I liked your liver with fava beans and a nice chianti.

Enjoy,
Steven

I know I don’t post much, but I’ve been following all the Mafia threads so far (except for the off-board one), and I’ve run several in-person games, as well as participated in online ones. I might be willing to run a game after this one’s over.

I’ve actually got some ideas, and pretty much have all the roles I’d need fleshed out. (In fact, I may wind up running a similar in-person game the next time we decide to play, which could be who knows when. :wink: ) I’d try to keep things simple, close to the first Werewolves game.

Just a warning: make sure you get permission from the mods before running one. As far as I know, there’s a waiting list with at least half a dozen people on it. That’s why M4 was run off board.

Either way, I am interested in playing a simpler version next, which I think Idle Thoughts said he’d be running off board as well. I had to do this one though, just because I had it running in my head for so long. I’m really curious to see how some of actions from last Night play out today.

Right. If I were to run one, I know I’d need to talk to the mods first. Given that this game is still fresh, though, I figure there’s still plenty of time to worry about that.

Why the hell would they kill me of all people? Maybe because I didn’t have a chance to participate much my death wouldn’t tell the town much. Here I was, my hellish week of work behind me, starting my vacation, and eager to play… and then this haha.

I agree with Pleonast yet again. Mal is looking kind of scummy now. My initial blowing off of Mal’s vote for me was because I think day 1s in and of themselves are useless and nobody has a good reason to vote for anyone.

To be honest, I know why you were killed, and I’m not 100% sure I follow it either. Oh well…

On the plus side, you were just a vanilla citizen, so you’d be elligible to sub back in, if you want, should the need arise.

Yeah, I’d like to be subbed back in if you need someone. I kind of felt bad about not being able to participate much day 1 (I did make that point clear in my posts).

Anyway, I’ll be following along. PM me if you need a sub. I’ll stay out of the forbidden thread from here on out to keep my nose clean.

Newbie here, I’ve played light variations of Mafia before and I’ve seen it played out over various LJ-based RPs, but I still don’t understand half of what you guys are talking about.

So, first, a question whose answer should probably be blindingly obvious:

What the heck does FOS mean? :confused: :o

FOS=Finger of Suspicion. It’s for when you think someone looks shady, but not necessarily enough to vote against yet, for one reason or another.

I’ve been quite unable to keep up with this game, but I just noticed that Hal gave me a shout-out by using my spreadsheet template. Hope you’re having fun, Hal! And if you’re really Mafia and you’re using it to gain trust, then you’re absolutely brililant. After I started that spreadsheet, no one even looked at me cross-eyed. :slight_smile:

Well, that was fun while it lasted. I did much better last time.

grabs the nachos Anyone want some Scope wine?

Heh… blame my fiancée. If she hadn’t kept every minute of my day yesterday, the day would have ended on time and you wouldn’t be dead. :stuck_out_tongue:

I really hope that whole thing doesn’t throw off the game.

Aha! FOS Blaster Master’s fiancée!

Scope wine?

I’ll take “Stuff you should never make wine out of” for $200 Alex! :smiley:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Well, certainly after the way things went down, I wanna give her the finger, and not the one of suspicion. :rolleyes:

Umm… welcome to the forbidden thread to storyteller and diggit. The deaths don’t look like they bode too well for the town today, but we’ll have to see how they react.

Well, what the hell? Diggit, did you kill me, and if so, why?

I am tremendously frustrated; seems like Night 2 is my Waterloo.

Sorry, dude, but a couple of replies from you read like “soft redirections” of votes away from Kat/Arizona Teach. And since you had already used that technique to redirect votes away from Kyrie/Clockwork (whom I also suspected as a Cultist)…

To be fair, I fully expected to be wrong. However, since you had “defended” Clockwork, it seemed more likely that you’d be the “weaker” Power Role on that equation and preferred to err on that side of the equation.

I wonder if my death was directed… I guess it was. I shouldn’t have get involved in the Crusader questions on Day 2.

(On the other hand, rejoice, storyteller! At least you still have a shot at winning…)