FoxTrot and Get Fuzzy, 4/1

:smack: Now the ghosts are hitting me, too. :smack:

In a similar vain, either a hologram operated by a friend of one of characters, or an agent of the supernatural shows up, just to mess with Monty’s head.

P.S. Why did I make the stupid mistake? Because I forgot Ouija boards are for receiving messages, not sending them, and I incorrectly read it as Jason sending orders for spirits to kick his sister’s shins, which they did. I totally missed the “he kicked her, between one panel and another,” thing, since from past experience, I would think the next thing she would do is to get violent, judging from past strips. Of course, it is the writer’s prerogative to put them out of character for a punch line. :smack: Ow! Some one, please get me a way to comunicat with the spirit world, so I can ask them to stop doing this. :smack: Ow!

We got three strips that I read when ever I have a paper and the time to read it in on the same joke.

Cathy not withstanding :smack: [it could have been a Jack in the box site, or “You are an idiot” flash] I think the idea passed through a couple non neighboring desks.

This had to have been cooked up some time before however. Waterson comments in his Collections how long you have to have strips ready in advance. … I would have loved to have seen Hobbes bonk (prounce more than likely) Calvin… (And you know that Hobbes would have done it, over Calvin inviting Hobbes to the table)

You are an evil, evil person for foisting Cathy upon anyone.

Also Interesting to see how the Characters bring their own uh Characterization to the strip. Pig and Satchel work exactly within their character. I don’t quite buy that Paige would be that guilble. Rat and Bucky seem to be exactly in their form. … I can’t recall the other Foxes name Jason? or is that the other guy? Anyway… of the three. it seems more of a stretch for Foxtrot to pull off the same gag.

Yeah, but as much as I dislike Family Circus I would have loved to see them in on the joke.

Ack!

I agree. By the way, as I said earlier in this thread, his name is Jason. Just as a public service, here are their names:
Family name: Fox
Mom: Andy, short for what, I don’t know. Andrea, maybe?
Dad: Roger
Daughter: Paige
Older Son: Peter
Yunger Son: Jason
Peter’s blind girl friend, that if Bill Amend is read, I would like to see in the comics more often: Denise Russo, hopefully in the futre, a few decades down the line, Denise Fox

What are some other jokes that Comic strips have done on April Fools? Wasnt one strip of Curtis/Peanuts Crossed Over one time? Snoopy comes into Curtis’ house?

I googled for it, but all I am finding is online comics which have d the same thing, which in my opinion are allot better, but I seem to recall what you are talking about.

It was a few years back, and a lot of cartoonists were in on the joke. Characters from one strip showed up in others, seemingly at random.

It’s intersting that in order to get a gag over in a couple panels, it’s very useful to have an opertaor-type. I can see the same joke being made with Lucy Van Pelt, Dogbert, The King of Id, or Garfield in that role. In Calvin & Hobbes it would probably be Hobbes, but it could be Calvin with eithe Hobbes or Susie as the victim.

–Cliffy

I checked the comics pages of all the newspapers I have bookmarked, from Washington Post to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution to the Boston Globe to the New York Times.

These three seem to be the only participating strips.

Haven’t there also been times when artists would change strips for the day?

Yes, I believe so, but due to the fact that you need to either own all the books, or subscribe to a service to see old strips, I can not tell.

There was an article in my paper saying that Amend and Conley had been e-mailing each other and planned the joke. Both claim to have thought of it first. They got in touch with Pearls Before Swine afterwards.

I agree that Ack is bad. However, add an Oop before it and it is comedy gold.

Somehow, I can’t see the use of a ouija board comfortably fitting in with their wholesome pleasantville-type lifestyle.

“Whoa! Satan’s got Billy!”
“Somebody invoke granpa’s ghost to do battle with the anti-christ!”

It’s funny to me that both strips can have the same joke, and yet, Get Fuzzy actually made me laugh. I think it was the “and it wants you to get me a sandwich.” Heh, Bucky, how I love you.

i agree, the sandwich makes it much funnier. esp. 'cause you know satchel is really gonna make the sandwich.

the phila inquirer states:

"no, it’s not a mistake. what you saw on the comic pages in today’s issue is real…

blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda…

so what prompted the artists to pull the april fool’s joke? it was an april fool’s joke, no? the artists all say : no way buster! in e-mailed statements each says the idea was his own, and because he was foolich enough to share it with one of the other artists, it somehow got stolen by the others.

should we believe any of them?"

I know I saw her full name at least once in a comic in one of the anthologies, but I have them all and that’s a lot of comics to go though. Andrea sounds right, though.

Word; however, the large gaps between her appearances make them that much sweeter.

Yes, I have a crush on a 2 dimensional, fictional, teenaged character. Wanta make something of it?