Frank (This Year's Model) has left us.

I heard from our old friend bibliophage this afternoon. Frank, Doper and former Moderator, lost his battle with lung cancer over the summer.

Frank was always a very private person and so perhaps chose not to share so much, though he did tell us when he was starting chemo. Apparently it did not last very long.

He was a devoted member of The Teeming Millions, going all the way back to 2002 when he first joined us. It didn’t take long for him to become one of our moderators. He served until 2008 as one of our more committed spam fighters. After retirement he continued as one of our Dopers until shortly before his passing.

Godspeed, Frank.

[Mods, if you choose to move this, so be it. Yes, I know, this usually goes in MPSIMS, but Frank was a mod and I feel initially at least, this is where it should start. Thank you for your consideration.]

Aw, man! Frank was one of the Good Ones.

RIP, dude. Put in a good word for those of us who follow.

Man, that sucks. It sucked when he announced he was sick, and it sucks that he shuffled off. RIP.

Sad news. Frank was indeed one of the Good Ones.

I had the pleasure and privilege of meeting Frank maybe about ten years ago, when he was passing through Edmonton, where I was living at the time. We had a great evening drinking beer, swapping stories, and grumbling about the lousy service in the place we chose to drink beer and swap stories. A great guy, very down to earth. I am glad that I got to meet him in person, and got to know him a bit.

I knew this was coming. I’d searched for his posting history and had a clue.

He had some Canadian contacts and even spent some time in the Ottawa region.

I tried to meet up with him years back, but it never worked out.

Cheers Frank.

Add my condolences. I was around during the time Frank was a mod. I always thought he was one of the good Dopers. He will be greatly missed around these parts. And I agree with the thread placement, this is neither mundane nor pointless.

Well, damn. Another good one gone.
RIP, Frank.

Oh no. That’s awful. So, so sorry, Frank.

Thanks for being with us at the time.

Aw, that’s too bad. He will be missed.

Not sure I was aware he was sick. I think I recall his sister was murdered? That’s the last thing I remember about him.

RIP, Frank. :frowning:

Damn.

Frank and I tried to connect on his cross-Canada tour ten years ago, but Canadian blizzards intervened and we weren’t able to hoist that pint I’d been hoping for.

Have been in touch by pm while he’s been sick, but hadn’t heard anything for a while and assumed the worst.

RIP.

…haere ra Frank. :frowning:

… Dammit, I was afraid that’s what this thread would be about.

Frank was a good’n…when the board went pay to post, he offered to pay for some members, and got mine twice.

My thanks for the time he gave us and my regrets at its end.

I suspected as much since he hadn’t logged on for quite some time. I’m glad for the confirmation, but very sad to hear it. I always enjoyed his posts.

RIP Frank.

Sorry to see you go, Frank, but we’ll all be with you before you know it.

Same here. I’m very sorry he has passed.

Didn’t know he was even sick. A very familiar username and always a welcome one to see in a thread.

Very sad. RIP Frank

I recall when he announced the beginning of his end. Sad, matter of fact, determined yet realistic. Not much more can be asked of a person in that spot.

We shall miss you, Frank.