Freakouts of the Right

This one deserves to on your list twice, @JohnT.

Ugh. Marjorie Taylor Greene first came to national attention by stalking Hogg and yelling at him-- and then she got elected to Congress!

Crisis actors!

“You didn’t build that.”

I’m not sure if this is a freakout or if it’s more of a “fake accusation that is being lobbed at EVERYTHING connected with Democrats,” but:

COMMUNISM !!!1!!!1!!!

As today, from next-Speaker-of-the-House hopeful Elise Stefanik:

eta: I see that JohnT did include ‘communism’ in his first chart. But perhaps it deserves some additional focus as it’s clearly going to be used ALL THE TIME as a means of smearing Dems for the midterms.

You got that one backwards. Koppel did read the names of the dead and that made the right mad because how dare he imply the war wasn’t going perfectly. Sinclair stations refused to air that episode.

Another freakout: Church of Satan. Anyone who actually learns about them knows that the CoS doesn’t literally worship Satan. It’s simply a group set up to protest against public schools force-feeding Christianity down people’s throats.

Latest update - 30 more! We are currently at 185!

1 2 3 4 5
Operation Fast and Furious Seccessionist movements Common Core The 2008 Obama fistbump Arnold becomes a RINO because of masks
Greta Thunberg David Hogg The 1619 Project Nikole Hannah-Jones @ NC You didn’t build that
Cocaine Orgies I have a wide stance! Windmills cause cancer Sanctuary Cities Nick Sandmann
Thoughts and Prayers as a response for every shooting in America National Butterfly Center Mail-In ballots USPS must be profitable! Stem Cells
IRS targeting conservatives (they didn’t) Obama bowed! Movie X is inciting violence/sex/drugs Music X is inciting violence/sex/drugs Cardi B’s WAP
Taylor Swift endorses Democrats Beyonce mentions BLM, police brutality in a 2016 Super Bowl performance Miley Cyrus is training girls to be trashy Constant misuse of Born in the USA Michael Moore’s Bowling for Columbine and F9/11 movies

Just couldn’t leave this thread for the evening this close to 200… so I culled through the thread, grabbed what I missed on the first go-around. 205, baby!

1 2 3 4 5
Satanic Panics Gay marriage Yoga being taught to children Leslie Stahl is being mean to Trumpie! Elian Gonzalez
Doctor Suess estate removing books Elitist Obama mentioning aurugula to a bunch of Iowan farmers who planted…. Aurugula. Obama didn’t wear a flag pen! Wokism Political Correctness
Jade Helm will have US Military ‘take over’ US. Ground Zero Mosque Biden’s dementia (compared to man, woman, person, camera, TV) Death Panels Socialized medicine has incredible wait times!
Marine holding an umbrella over Obama’s head and not the marine’s own. Obama used a teleprompter! Saul Alinsky Happy Holidays! Child smuggling in furniture (in general, actually)

Shit, I remember decades ago, some editorial lamenting Kissinger’s ineligibility.

“Yeah, Laura Bush might have killed someone in a drunken stupor, but do you think Michelle Obama is a man?”

Mainstream conservatism, 2008.

@JohnT , how do you plan to organize this list once you’ve got as much as you think you’re going to get?

Incidents listed chronologically?
Incidents categorized into some kind of groupings?
Incidents grouped by which Republicans led the various freakouts? Or by which Democrats were accused of something? Or by what somebody was being accused of?

Or, you could list this all in a modern database with multiple indexes to sort the list in a bunch of different ways?

“Nevertheless, she persisted”

I think you should share it with a national news source. Maybe a mainstream one, or something like Daily Kos, which readers can contribute to:

Wasn’t there someone with a website that listed every lie Trump told? Might be a good place to look for ideas. And reminders.

So, the way this began is this: my next article is about the Emasculation of the Conservative Male and, while ‘conceptualizing’ it, realized I wanted a list of all the useless culture war bullshit foisted on us by the 35% who are being driven to whine about all this crap.

As for future plans, right now I’m just going to focus on adding to the list. I have no database skillz and, hell, indexing by date alone would be a challenge just for the time consumption aspects of it. My idea was a Wiki link (or similar) for each listing.

In honor of the satanic panic, let’s hope the total reaches 666 soon!

The Secret plan(s) which will have Trump reinstated.

Trump was sent by God.