Free discount on Twinings tea, just for USA Dopers

Show off.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I’m going to try from work tomorrow. Maybe it’s weirdness at home.

Hmmm… I’m on whatever Mac OS version came before Snow Leopard (haven’t upgraded yet) and I use Firefox. No problems for me. I’ll mention to the client on our next status call that there were some problems. However, I’m uncertain what they might be able to do about it because it’s a Yahoo store. I’ll letcha know…

Ugh. I am trying this from work, using Firefox on a PC. Again, did not work! Weirdly, the same ones worked that worked last time, the same ones didn’t work as didn’t work last time.

Example- Chinese oolong worked at home and at work, English Breakfast K-cup didn’t work either place.

Could it be they are out?

Thanks very much, this will be lovely!

Are they/you looking for feedback on the site?

If there are any difficulties using the site, I’d like to know about it so I can communicate the specifics to them in our next call. So thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide. I’m also looking into what’s causing IvoryTowerDenizen’s difficulties as well. My agency doesn’t handle the site development, though, so the best I can do is let the client know.

ITD - I just tried putting the English Breakfast 25-ct. K-cup into a cart, too. I got the following message: “The English Breakfast - 25 K-Cups is not currently available. Please contact us for availability of this item.” So I guess they’re out. I’ll inquire and see if I can get an answer for you.

Wow- thanks for testing! I didn’t any message like that. If that is the case then they might be out of everything I like!

I appreciate you looking into it- very kind of you.

Can’t edit marketplace posts- apparently I am seeing the out of stock message now (maybe it was there before???)- really hard for me to see the black on the maroon banner.

I guess that probably solves the mystery.

Can they ship to APO/FPO?

I’m not certain. I know they use USPS for fulfillment, so I’d imagine that if the postal service can get mail to you, they can, too. But I’ll check.

Thanks; Tripler loves Rooibos teas. The thing about shipping to an APO is the shipper needs to send along USPS Form 2976-A, which looks more tedious then it really is and some vendors don’t care to do the paperwork.

Just used the discount myself and loaded up on the various green teas. Most excellent and I thank you.

Thank you, THespos! We made an order last week, but due to some issues with my laptop, I haven’t had a chance to thank you till now. We were running out of Western style tea leaves and our local grocery stores don’t carry the loose leaf Twinings. The discount offsets the shipping fees quite nicely. Talk about good timing.

My tea came today! Yay! Thanks again, THespos!

Thanks, THespos, my order is in.

Thanks very much Thespos! Tooling around there, I find many things I might like, but there just isn’t enough info for on-line shoppers.

For instance I’m interested in a new press for my office. I can’t tell whether this one makes 3 cups or 12. http://www.twiningsusashop.com/cafe-style-tea-coffee-press-page.html Can the canister go into the microwave or does it contain metal parts? What are the measurements of it? etc.

The white tea, is it loose or in bags? And what are the various caffeine levels of the different offerings? I don’t mean exact amounts, but could they give us a hint? (Rooibos is caffeine free, isn’t it?)

When something is out of stock, it’s enormously helpful to give some hint of when or whether it’s expected to be available again. Granted, you can’t always know, but tell us what you can.

The hot chocolate. I have no clue what I’d be buying there. Is it a powder? Is it a full instant mix with the sugar and creamer already in? Or is it just cocoa powder?

The way it’s set up now, it a great convenience for people who already like their products and want to shop from home or buy in bulk. But there’s no way I’d try something new based upon these decriptions. Which is a shame, because there’s a great deal there which my local stores do not carry.

Thank you very much! I needed to place an order anyway; this was icing on the cake! :slight_smile:

My order was just delivered - they even included a sample: two tea bags, one Winter Spice, one Blackcurrant breeze.

The Lady Grey tea is just what I needed to soothe a grumbly belly today.

Sweet! Just in time for Lent, too.

Thank you, THespos.

My order just came today – thanks again!